Kubota L2501 reviews

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
Went on down to the local orange dealer and perused the selection. Dude and I talked and I think I’m settled on a L2501 w/FEL. 4wd, HST (makes it easy for the wife). Anyone had one close or know someone? Online reviews are pretty much all good and the service plan is a big part of why I want to buy new. Yes it’s a monthly payment but with 0% financing I don’t see it as a bad thing.
Yes there are bigger tractors but I have to be honest with my self that this will do everything I need for the foreseeable future and they hold good value so I could trade up down the road if it needs to happen.
Sales guy quoted $20,700 out the door with a 6’ box blade. I have called a couple other dealers today and they all seem to be right there if they even had one on the lot or availability in the next month or so.
Pick it apart and tell me why I’m stoopid.

Went on down to the local orange dealer and perused the selection. Dude and I talked and I think I’m settled on a L2501 w/FEL. 4wd, HST (makes it easy for the wife). Anyone had one close or know someone? Online reviews are pretty much all good and the service plan is a big part of why I want to buy new. Yes it’s a monthly payment but with 0% financing I don’t see it as a bad thing.
Yes there are bigger tractors but I have to be honest with my self that this will do everything I need for the foreseeable future and they hold good value so I could trade up down the road if it needs to happen.
Sales guy quoted $20,700 out the door with a 6’ box blade. I have called a couple other dealers today and they all seem to be right there if they even had one on the lot or availability in the next month or so.
If you would like I can talk to a friend that owns the local Kubota dealer here and see if he can give you a better deal. You just looking for a loader and box blade?

I got a 2015 L2501. FEL, 4WD, HST etc.

Come on up and play with it sometime and try it out.

I've got the L2501. I love it. I will suggest talking to Wilson Tractor in Newberry. No sales tax since I'm out of state and a I thought I got a killer deal.

If you would like I can talk to a friend that owns the local Kubota dealer here and see if he can give you a better deal. You just looking for a loader and box blade?
That would be awesome! Thanks. Only thing being that far away is I don’t have a trailer but could find one to borrow too easy. I’d be interested to see what he can come up with for sure!

I've got a b7800 4x4 hst, with a fel. I love the hst. It's the only way to go if you plan on using the loader. I couldn't imagine how annoying stomping a clutch and changing gears would be when moving dirt or grading.

That would be awesome! Thanks. Only thing being that far away is I don’t have a trailer but could find one to borrow too easy. I’d be interested to see what he can come up with for sure!
I’ll talk to them one day next week for you. They do offer delivery and I’ll check if they would deliver for free if needed.

How much land do you have? I'd almost think you'd want something a little bigger.

All this tractor talk lately makes me sad I just sold mine, but I'm definitely going to get another one and another excavator.

If you end up making a deal before you can get a trailer lined up, I've got family ~20 minutes away that probably wouldn't mind storing a tractor.

How much land do you have? I'd almost think you'd want something a little bigger.

All this tractor talk lately makes me sad I just sold mine, but I'm definitely going to get another one and another excavator.
We have 7 acres and looking to buy an adjacent 6 more. The thing I learned is the FEL model (therefore lift capacity) is the same from the 25hp all the way up to the 40hp tractor in the L series. I don’t want to deal with anything emissions/ regen so the 25 Hp fits the bill. Yes I would love to have a bigger engine but is it really needed
List of chores I see:
Unloading our monthly grain feed (comes in 375lb. barrels x 8
Moving squares (maybe rounds someday)
Maintaining our driveway (about 1/2 mile)
Using bucket to help clean out stalls
Misc. moving stuff around that’s heavy

We aren’t a big operation. Oh, and I still have to consider budget.

Last edited:
True that. I went on the Kubota website and built one (L4701) basically just like my L4400 and it was around 34000. Sooo maybe when the time comes for me to get another one, I'll sweet talk the guy in to selling it back to me :lol:

I definitely don't want any equipment with emissions stuff on it.

That's what I was thinking too. Mine did good with 6' stuff, but you could still stop it if you hooked something with the box blade. Not enough ass to hold down the power.

Is it CAT 0 or CAT 1 for the 3pt? Cat 1 you can find implements used for a pretty good deal.
So that loader may technically be the same loader for 25 to 40 hp. But that tractor wont have as much ass behind it as a 40hp stability and traction. Make sure they fluid fill the tires for sure.

Personally i would steer you toward a bigger slightly used tractor, With 13 acres. You are going to want to do more and more eventually. My neighbor has 15 acres is already needing to upgrade. he got the john deere variety with mowing deck and FEL. At the time he just wanted a FEL for little tasks and to mow his yard. Now he is wanting to get a bushhog, plow/ disc for garden auger for fence posts. etc

But then again, apparently an F150 can drag 2 jeeps to harlan. lol

On the other hand something new would be nice and if need the hydro trans for wife.

I'm not sure if you ever plan to put up any hay on your property, but for us putting up square bales about a 50hp is the sweet spot. I am not up on all the new emissions stuff that comes along with a new one nowadays though.

Have you looked at the Kioti CK2610 and compared to the Kubota? I’ve really been looking at these recently and the Kioti caught my eye. FEL and 3-point have much better ratings as does the hydraulic pump on the Kioti

I plan to keep my little kubota just for the fel and get a bigger, older, 2 row 50ish hp MF for bigger tasks. And another farmall for the garden :lol:

Is it CAT 0 or CAT 1 for the 3pt? Cat 1 you can find implements used for a pretty good deal.
So that loader may technically be the same loader for 25 to 40 hp. But that tractor wont have as much ass behind it as a 40hp stability and traction. Make sure they fluid fill the tires for sure.

Personally i would steer you toward a bigger slightly used tractor, With 13 acres. You are going to want to do more and more eventually. My neighbor has 15 acres is already needing to upgrade. he got the john deere variety with mowing deck and FEL. At the time he just wanted a FEL for little tasks and to mow his yard. Now he is wanting to get a bushhog, plow/ disc for garden auger for fence posts. etc

But then again, apparently an F150 can drag 2 jeeps to harlan. lol

On the other hand something new would be nice and if need the hydro trans for wife.
It’s a cat 1 I don’t need a mower I have a 60” rider don’t have open property to need a bush hog either. I guess maybe my needs are different being a “hobby” farm but I guess I need to do some more research.

@rockcity i need to spend some time looking at the Kioti. You’re not the first person to suggest “the other orange”. Only thing is there’s 2 Kubota dealers within 25 miles from me that will do warranty work. I don’t even know where the closest Kioti dealer is. Maybe that’s a moot point but still being full time I don’t have the spare time through the week to be dropping it off X hrs away if something goes wrong.

It’s a cat 1 I don’t need a mower I have a 60” rider don’t have open property to need a bush hog either. I guess maybe my needs are different being a “hobby” farm but I guess I need to do some more research.
My only point is your needs will eventually change. After looking up that model it does appear to be a larger frame than i was thinking about.
The good thing with cat 1 is you can find a lot of used stuff when the time comes and you wont have to buy everything new. ESP for stuff you only use twice a year but is nice to have around lol.

Also for the FEL you can get the skidsteer style quick attach or whatever they call it. and use skidsteer bucket or forks.

Back