Kubota L2501 reviews

Being able to use forks is a huge plus. I made a ganky rig for mine with some forklift forks I had laying around. When I get time I plan to cut my bucket off and weld on the quick attach setup.

Also for the FEL you can get the skidsteer style quick attach or whatever they call it. and use skidsteer bucket or forks.

The kubota is skidsteer mount. Definitely get the forks. I use my forks way more than the bucket.

Any update on this? Kind of interested.
I ended up biting the bullet yesterday and ordered the L2501 HST, FEL with skid steer quick attach, 3rd function, 60” box blade, and the bh77 back hoe attachment with thumb. While I was looking at other brands, I just couldn’t convince myself away from the Kubota. I looked at TYM, RK, LS, Kioti, Massey, and Deere. Dealer support was a big consideration as well since the off brands were hard to find support for that didn’t require driving hours.

I like the non emissions of the 2501 and that it’s the same frame and tractor as the 3301 and 3901 aside from the engine HP. FEL and BH are all the same and same pump, so the only notable benefit from the larger HP is for PTO HP, which doesn’t matter too much for me right now. Only PTO I’d use is a small rotary cutter for some grass and light brush. I do plan to add a PTO wood chipper in the future but the options available for this tractor are more than enough for my needs.

Have you looked at the Kioti CK2610 and compared to the Kubota? I’ve really been looking at these recently and the Kioti caught my eye. FEL and 3-point have much better ratings as does the hydraulic pump on the Kioti
Our neighbor has a Kioti. He replaced the Kubota with it. Almost identically equiped. He however believed the Kioti superior for maintenance and user quirks. He's around 80 and still works harder than most people I know period.
4wd, loader 50 hp range.

I ended up biting the bullet yesterday and ordered the L2501 HST, FEL with skid steer quick attach, 3rd function, 60” box blade, and the bh77 back hoe attachment with thumb. While I was looking at other brands, I just couldn’t convince myself away from the Kubota. I looked at TYM, RK, LS, Kioti, Massey, and Deere. Dealer support was a big consideration as well since the off brands were hard to find support for that didn’t require driving hours.

I like the non emissions of the 2501 and that it’s the same frame and tractor as the 3301 and 3901 aside from the engine HP. FEL and BH are all the same and same pump, so the only notable benefit from the larger HP is for PTO HP, which doesn’t matter too much for me right now. Only PTO I’d use is a small rotary cutter for some grass and light brush. I do plan to add a PTO wood chipper in the future but the options available for this tractor are more than enough for my needs.
I basically bought the exact same thing you have Listed except the BH. I love this thing and have worked it’s little ass off so far. Sips fuel and has done every thing I have asked of it to this point. For what I paid and 0% financing I’m just mad I didn’t do it sooner!

Like I said, I use it for all sorts of stuff.
image.jpg

I ended up biting the bullet yesterday and ordered the L2501 HST, FEL with skid steer quick attach, 3rd function, 60” box blade, and the bh77 back hoe attachment with thumb.

Congrats.

I got the BH77 too. The only thing I would have done differently is put that backhoe $$ towards a mini-ex instead. The tractor backhoe is good for really small stuff, just considering range, reach, swing, etc. Worked great for trenching in my downspout lines, and for scratching out stuff here and there. Do much move-dig-move....and the swapping seats gets old and slow.

Like I said, I use it for all sorts of stuff. View attachment 337138

Looks great!

Put that ROPS up! Even on flat ground....especially after you get your forks and lift heavier stuff, the pivoting front axle will get your attention, sooner or later. All it takes is a little dip or pothole at speed.

One thing to look out for (aside the fact that it's a tractor, and not a piece of heavy construction equipment: Watch out for those rubber valve stems on the front tires. I've sheared two of them. One didn't notice because I was doing back-and-forth loader work loading the dump trailer and shredded the tire before I noticed it. The rears have metal valve stems with a guard welded to the rim. Nothing up front.

Also, tighten up those loader to frame bolts after a few hours. Mine were loose at 10/15 hours. Really should torque them now to be sure.

Looks great!

Put that ROPS up! Even on flat ground....especially after you get your forks and lift heavier stuff, the pivoting front axle will get your attention, sooner or later. All it takes is a little dip or pothole at speed.

One thing to look out for (aside the fact that it's a tractor, and not a piece of heavy construction equipment: Watch out for those rubber valve stems on the front tires. I've sheared two of them. One didn't notice because I was doing back-and-forth loader work loading the dump trailer and shredded the tire before I noticed it. The rears have metal valve stems with a guard welded to the rim. Nothing up front.

Also, tighten up those loader to frame bolts after a few hours. Mine were loose at 10/15 hours. Really should torque them now to be sure.
Will do on the loader bolts. I need to figure out some quick pins for the ROPS. The leanto I built is about 2” too low but it’s the space I had to work with so had to make the choice of stand alone building and leave ROPS up or leanto and fold the ROPS.

The leanto I built is about 2” too low but it’s the space I had to work with

You are in sand, and have a front end loader....the shed isn't 2" short....the ground under it is 2" high.

Congrats.

I got the BH77 too. The only thing I would have done differently is put that backhoe $$ towards a mini-ex instead. The tractor backhoe is good for really small stuff, just considering range, reach, swing, etc. Worked great for trenching in my downspout lines, and for scratching out stuff here and there. Do much move-dig-move....and the swapping seats gets old and slow.

The dealer had a mini Takaheuchi for a smokin deal that my wife was liking. But, it’s not what I want or need right now.

the only reason I spent the $ on the BH is I’m in eastern NC with zero rocks and the ground is usually really soft. I have some trenching for power, pipe and some gutters coming up in the next year. The rental costs over the next 18 months would pay for the BH as well, so I just bit the billet on the $8500. And a few holes in the land someone dug for some random reason need cleaned out and filling in. Tractor should work well. Can’t wait.

I did get the R14 tires instead of the typical R4 tires.

the only reason I spent the $ on the BH is I’m in eastern NC with zero rocks and the ground is usually really soft.

If you need some boulders, I got an unlimited supply right under me. Every hole is a struggle. 80k excavator to put my power in, and I got the pile of rocks to prove it.

But my lawn mower blades last longer than @skyhighZJ .... the sand down his way eats them up. Amazing how distinct the dividing line between clay and sandhills is in some places.

If you need some boulders, I got an unlimited supply right under me. Every hole is a struggle. 80k excavator to put my power in, and I got the pile of rocks to prove it.

But my lawn mower blades last longer than @skyhighZJ .... the sand down his way eats them up. Amazing how distinct the dividing line between clay and sandhills is in some places.

believe it or not, I may take you up on that. Being in eastern NC I don’t have any rocks. I do want some to line the driveway adjacent to the creek prior to building up and paving. So, if you have unwanted extras, I may be open to taking them off your hands.

and where you are, the geological structure in your area is certainly unique. 5 miles one way or the other can be totally different.

believe it or not, I may take you up on that. Being in eastern NC I don’t have any rocks. I do want some to line the driveway adjacent to the creek prior to building up and paving. So, if you have unwanted extras, I may be open to taking them off your hands.

and where you are, the geological structure in your area is certainly unique. 5 miles one way or the other can be totally different.
Funny how that works. My parents land is loam with rocks, 600yds West at our business it's nothing but red clay and bedrock. My house is 4 miles east and I have nothing but sandy loam. Here, I haven't found a rock bigger than my pinkie nail. Follow the river from work and you can literally see the fall line when you cross it between their and me. Geography is weird/cool.

Funny how that works. My parents land is loam with rocks, 600yds West at our business it's nothing but red clay and bedrock. My house is 4 miles east and I have nothing but sandy loam. Here, I haven't found a rock bigger than my pinkie nail. Follow the river from work and you can literally see the fall line when you cross it between their and me. Geography is weird/cool.

if I wasn’t so dumb, I’d be a geologist, especially in eastern NC. There are some odd anomalies for sure.

I’ll pay if you want to bring some to Raleigh!

I found the cure for my mower blades though. They last a pretty good while lol
E93820BB-F818-4BA2-A87E-1532B6201BCB.jpeg

I've got a '20 2501 hst. It's a bad ass little tractor.

Torque every bolt on it, I don't care if it's new. Trust me on this.

Edit to add, I gave 28.5k with KTAC coverage for 5 years, QA FEL, backhoe (with subframe), and R4's.

I've got a '20 2501 hst. It's a bad ass little tractor.

Torque every bolt on it, I don't care if it's new. Trust me on this.

Edit to add, I gave 28.5k with KTAC coverage for 5 years, QA FEL, backhoe (with subframe), and R4's.

Good thought.

I’m right a $29 with the tractor, FEL w/QA, 3rd function, box blade, bh77 (with thumb), filled R14s, 5 year coverage with KTAC

Back