Kubota L2501 reviews

my bh77 is on back order. They will install subframe when it all comes in.
I gotcha. Barnes ain't too bad to deal with.

Weird, I thought the bh77 was back in stock most everywhere. I know they were a pita to find for a while. They had a handful that weren't spoken for a couple weeks ago in Raleigh.

I gotcha. Barnes ain't too bad to deal with.

Weird, I thought the bh77 was back in stock most everywhere. I know they were a pita to find for a while. They had a handful that weren't spoken for a couple weeks ago in Raleigh.

Barnes and the dealer in Washington both couldn’t get the bh77 in recently. They probably could have sourced it from a Raleigh dealer but pay a premium. Or, make me wait and buy direct from Kubota for cheaper.

Barnes and the dealer in Washington both couldn’t get the bh77 in recently. They probably could have sourced it from a Raleigh dealer but pay a premium. Or, make me wait and buy direct from Kubota for cheaper.
I believe it with Barnes. That's the majority of the reason I don't anything from them. Their Orange stock is minimal or at least is everytime I want something.

Ben Grady in kenansville is always cheaper on Kubota stuff, but they usually don't keep alot in stock. Hell they were 2k cheaper on what I listed above, but I didn't want to wait and was willing to pay for it.

I believe it with Barnes. That's the majority of the reason I don't anything from them. Their Orange stock is minimal or at least is everytime I want something.

Ben Grady in kenansville is always cheaper on Kubota stuff, but they usually don't keep alot in stock. Hell they were 2k cheaper on what I listed above, but I didn't want to wait and was willing to pay for it.
Barnes was cheaper and responded when I asked questions. Their immediate responses and willingness to work with me quickly and easily. The place in Washington didn’t hardly have anything in stock and couldn’t tell me when anything would be there. They did have a 2591 HST with r14 in stock, but the FEL on it wasn’t QA and they didn’t want to source one and switch it out. They seems to want to sell just what they had and not sell me what I wanted. So I went to Barnes. I did talk with the dealer down by Wilmington but that didn’t go too far. They didn’t seem to want to encroach on the territory of other dealers

Barnes was cheaper and responded when I asked questions. Their immediate responses and willingness to work with me quickly and easily. The place in Washington didn’t hardly have anything in stock and couldn’t tell me when anything would be there. They did have a 2591 HST with r14 in stock, but the FEL on it wasn’t QA and they didn’t want to source one and switch it out. They seems to want to sell just what they had and not sell me what I wanted. So I went to Barnes. I did talk with the dealer down by Wilmington but that didn’t go too far. They didn’t seem to want to encroach on the territory of other dealers
Yeah the Kubota market is pretty tight. There isn't much variation in pricing unless the dealer wants to eat it.

Ive bought a few things from Al @ Barnes. He's a pretty good dude. I buy more construction equip than agriculture. I'm not married to any of them but I do typically use 1 of 4 dealers within 30 miles of Goldsboro.

Jr Boyd in washington is a good guy, but you're right, they need/want to sell what they have. New Kubota isn't really a big mover down there. They sell more used stuff than anything.

I see how it is... 15 miles straight down 42 and you can't even swing by to say hey. I wouldn't have let you drink any of my cold beer anyway.

Hell I live closer than that and you can't swing by to say hey, so....

Duane

I see how it is... 15 miles straight down 42 and you can't even swing by to say hey. I wouldn't have let you drink any of my cold beer anyway.

D53D115D-C0BD-4063-ADE6-937379F8B073.png

Curbside service biatch

FWIW mine was 20k out the door. 2501HST QA FEL, loaded R4, box blade, 5yr w/ KTAC. Got mine at Central Carolina Power in Sanford. On the lot and 2 days from paperwork to delivery.
Is that backhoe REALLY 8k?
If so I feel like I could buy a real backhoe for 8k and be way ahead

They're pricey. 10k for a used BH90 (IIRC, that's the model) for the L4400 I had. 6 grand more and I had a whole 337 Bobcat excavator. Both of which are gone now....and I'm sad.

Is that backhoe REALLY 8k?
If so I feel like I could buy a real backhoe for 8k and be way ahead

the backhoe (bh77) on the Kubota tractor is about a $7k option, which includes subframe, install, extra hydraulics, thumb, etc.

It’s pricy, but I looked at it like this...

The few projects I have coming up in the next year, I’d be at that same cost renting or paying someone else
The added weight of the BH is great for counterweight for the FEL
Buying a backhoe or mini ex to fill that need is another piece of equipment to own and maintain that likely needs a little TLC on a regular basis as it would have to be an older machine to stay in the same price range.
Soil in eastern NC is sandy and relatively soft, so the little back hoe should be just fine for what I plan to use it for. It may not be ideal for someone further west with hard clay and rocky soil.

So, that was my justification for it. I had been looking for a backhoe for a while and finally decided the best piece of equipment that fit 95% of my needs was this. We are always wanting something bigger and better, but do we really need it? Like a diesel tow rig that sees an occasional use pulling a trailer with a buggy 3-5 times a year??

We are always wanting something bigger and better, but do we really need it? Like a diesel tow rig that sees an occasional use pulling a trailer with a buggy 3-5 times a year??
Yes.

Back