Land Rover Series 1

You could put some feelers out to some FJ40 guys. I know the "resto" crowd of those guys want the 3.70 gears for highway driving and swap with people with earlier 4.10 3rds. Careful with pre 78 setups though, they have corse spline pinions that are more prone to shearing than fine spline pinions.

I lucked out and got a set from a 1980 rig. fine spline and disc brakes up front. :) . The 3.70 will work for me, i am only running 32s with the 4.3L. I am not really needing the gearing yet. i do have all the low gear i want with the SM465 . :)

I lucked out and got a set from a 1980 rig. fine spline and disc brakes up front. :) . The 3.70 will work for me, i am only running 32s with the 4.3L. I am not really needing the gearing yet. i do have all the low gear i want with the SM465 . :)
That will be great. I love my 232 with T18 and 3.73s on 33s. Awesome work with the refurb on this. Retaining as much original in spirit but making sensible subtle upgrades is really cool.

The Rover has been driving a bit more lately. I had my first "long" distance drive and it did fine, but i need a shift boot for my Tcase, the heat from the engine is a blast furnace straight up my leg when cruising down the road. I ended up swapping out the Steering gear to one that will keep the fluid in the system. We went to the local car show last week and on the way home we got caught in a big storm. My daughter, her friend and me got soaked. Not a problem, that is the fun of having a rig like this, BUT not have wipers was not fun. Good thing we were real close to home.

I ordered a canvas top and I cant wait to get that on. In the meantime i did a quick clean and paint on the hard top and got it off my garage floor. I will need to get a hoist to get it up in the rafters. I do not plan on using the hard top much, but i am glad I do have it. I do ned to put the windows back in it.

Vg8x5az.jpg

gLnhAq1.jpg

fO8sSSl.jpg

26nsIdC.jpg

2x1dzkN.jpg

5lLdOHM.jpg

I finally got the soft top for the Rover. Took 3 months to cross the pond because of being backordered.
Now to finally be able to drive it without having my head burn.

The bow structure is pretty substantial compared to the factory Jeep offering
bfTQFmF.jpg

The top is actual canvas with real rope and straps and brass buckles.
OfshqnO.jpg

uae3ZZy.jpg

oKHkhzG.jpg

SNnA2nA.jpg

LqGqtti.jpg

RlbCmVs.jpg

The sad thing is the top and bows were cheaper than Bestop kits that include the bows and hardware. And that is with the shipping from England.

Back