Let the Red Neck jokes begin...

rattlecanpaint

Update: ductwork installed

Ductwork turned out to be simpler than I thought. Just have to turn the visor down a tad to get it to blow in your face. :D

LOL....Freakin' Sweet dude.....When I seen that I knew it could only come from NC....

I found my way here from Dodgetalk.com
Although I didn't know there was a NC Forum, I might check in for awhile since I'm a fellow NCer

:smokin:
BVest65

Interesting Mod. Well you've caught the interest of the Corvette Forum people too.

a96lt4.com_smileys_rebel.gif

Man those search engines are working overtime aren't they. Amazing how a simple thread can turn into something so big that it is being seen all over the country. Guess it was the title.

Use A Fuse

Great use of the air conditioner! Please install a fuse on the positive (+) lead from your battery. I've seen what happens when a large (2ga) wire shorts to the body and it involved a large fire and a battery explosion. The car was a total loss.

Sammy

Howdy to the U.S.!!!!

I am just waiting for the jump over the Atlantic!!

Who woulda thought that little project could cause this much popularity?
Just wait rattlecan... you could be in a magazine soon!

Woo hoo! world wide! (holy Cow)!

Oh and as for the inverter heat issue (All the other websights seem to asking.) There isn't one, the unit when running only uses 535 watts of a 2500 watt inverter. It just needs more than 1000 to start the compressor.

Now you gotta think. With all these views one has to be someone working for a big publisher. :D This could bring lots of good attention to NC and our little wheeling places.

Is your battery dead yet? 535 watts * 1.5 / 13 volts = 62 amps draw when the compressor is running... :eek:

Battery not dead yet, the inverter has a low power shut off, but it only seems to do it if it idles for like 15-20 min. The alternator on it isn't a toyota one. Not sure what it is as I haven't looked real close. Just def not stock. The first owner had a light bar and grille guard on it and at least 3 sets of lights. (3 KC switches still under the dash and wiring still there), so it might be a little higher output. Maybe one of these days I'll get under there and really look... :)

Back