Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Ehh, sorta, but not really. I was thinking about the camper being the only thing on the trailer and it sitting all the way up front. If you loaded vehicles on it, it'd likely be more spread out and not as tall.

I'd assume that the neck is secured somehow, right? I don't know why I was thinking it would just be help down by the springs. THAT would definitely be terrible. It'd probably rock back and forth like one of those bird toys that dips in water and stands up.

I'm sure he'll figure it out. Doesn't look like it was super easy to get on the trailer, so not sure how easy rolling it off would be. Pretty sure @Tacoma747 has some crane trucks though :D

I towed my dad’s trailer out to Moab and got spoiled by how nice it was. Upon returning, made some trailer improvements for my own trailer in the form of solid ramp straps, 8 lug tire carrier, HiLift mount, and then coated the deck boards with some used motor oil. It’s a good bit more civilized now.
E7A6709B-E574-4AFF-893E-2571DACB2DA2.jpeg
037E5823-D6DB-4E5F-A7AC-FE645BF80BE4.jpeg
2D813BED-AEFD-4459-B488-CE8BF5694983.jpeg
1A8096AF-49B0-42BB-8B18-51E124956FF7.jpeg

I towed my dad’s trailer out to Moab and got spoiled by how nice it was. Upon returning, made some trailer improvements for my own trailer in the form of solid ramp straps, 8 lug tire carrier, HiLift mount, and then coated the deck boards with some used motor oil. It’s a good bit more civilized now. View attachment 346035View attachment 346036View attachment 346037View attachment 346038

If you want to take it just one step farther; change out that spare bracket for a trailer spindle and hub. Then you have a spare, incase something happens on the road.

If you want to take it just one step farther; change out that spare bracket for a trailer spindle and hub. Then you have a spare, incase something happens on the road.
Also fun to watch when someone comes along and leans on the spare tire.......

That's hateful...but hilarious...and I'm not one bit mad at you for it! :D

I was thinking just unbolt the springs and bolt 2 pieces of 1.5" x 6' long square tubes to the trailer where the old springs would be that line up with the spring hanger holes, then just throw some bolts through the spring hanger holes and tubing. Assuming at least 4 of the hangers are the same height.

Definitely wouldn't leave the axles or springs on it though.
This. You're all forgetting that the springs and axles look like dog ass.

Man I could really use that skid steer and brush cutter setup for a weekend to put some finishing touches on this pasture project I’m wrapping up.
Everything has a price :D (but you're pretty far away :()

Is that a tilting dozer blade? If so how do you like it? I have read mixed reviews but feel that one would really make up for my lack of skill in crowning my road.
Yes, it's a Grouser 80" 6 way blade, and would probably work excellent for that task, especially with your machine. Its a super beefy SOB. It's great for light work and finishing, and gets the job done for shaping, but the limit is not the blade. I think the suspension on the ASV makes it more difficult to use. When it starts to dig in, it will drag the front suspension down, digging in even more, resulting in stopping forward motion or bouncing up and down if you try to chase it. Ive mitigated it by dropping the depth pads to about an inch above the cutting edge and it works pretty well.. No issue in loose dirt, or light cuts in dense stuff. But trying to chop a few inches in clay gets fawnky. The functionality of the blade is awesome, nice range of motion on the tilt and angle, fast function, and strong hydraulics. I justified selling my 9k pound dozer because I could buy a 6 way dozer blade for the skidsteer. It's not a dozer replacement by any means, but because it is so dang heavy (probably 1500+ pounds) it really does cut well and it is mostly just limited by the universal skidsteer mount stiffness and lesser traction of the skidsteer compared to a steel tracked dozer with cleats. If you consider getting one, don't settle for anything less than a Grouser or Bradco/Paladin, but the Grouser is the beefier and better designed of the 2 in my opinion. It has a 12v switched solenoid so once you get used to it, you can switch between tilt and angle pretty fluidly. My machine has a button on the left joystick to power the solenoid, and a thumb lever on the right stick for the aux hydro.

Back