Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

My current set up. Hope to add a gooseneck hitch some day.
D7430974-C641-4DC0-8860-BE54E2794037.jpeg

Loaded down a few weeks ago before heading out

1626872940417.png

1626872967375.png

20210727_133943.jpg

Had to borrow @Clubbs trailer to haul my buddy's wife's truck...again. Just did a ¾ ton swap, new transmission, and several other upgrades.

I'm either making drive-over or flip out fenders for my trailer.

Need some details on that Mustang....

1965 mustang convertible C code, 3 speed manual, manual brakes and steering, factory console and power top.

Rust is everywhere… some worse than others. Great starting point though.

Engine was full of water and completely seized.

Future state/plans:
Replacement steel already in my shop
302 or 351, naturally aspirated
4 speed toploader
Power, disc brakes up front
3.55 or 3.73 traction lock in the 8” housing
Performance suspension with 1” drop all around
Red with white Shelby stripes and a black soft top

It’s a labor of love.

First time with the new Super Duty.
Trailer is about 6500#, plus food for 3 days, 2 big dogs and a bed full of firewood. Maybe 7500# total.
Towed like a champ. The 10 speed auto kept the RPMs right where it made good power.
Wifey said the Ram(s) towed where you couldn't tell the camper was behind. But felt the Ford pulled better all the way around.
I could care less. The Ford has cooling seats which is pretty great on a swamp ass day of hiking in Salem SC.
PXL_20210829_172036460.MP.jpg

First time with the new Super Duty.
Trailer is about 6500#, plus food for 3 days, 2 big dogs and a bed full of firewood. Maybe 7500# total.
Towed like a champ. The 10 speed auto kept the RPMs right where it made good power.
Wifey said the Ram(s) towed where you couldn't tell the camper was behind. But felt the Ford pulled better all the way around.
I could care less. The Ford has cooling seats which is pretty great on a swamp ass day of hiking in Salem SC.
View attachment 356055
Must be nice 😎

Pulls all day at 75-80 mph on flat ground. 50-60 on the KY hills. 6 MPG too.
There's some (less than empirical) data that the 8.1L can see 10-25% MPG improvements, without touching the "traction control" (Allison killer) from a mail-order tune.
Seems like a decent "investment"/quick return for $400-$500, given the steady rise in fuel costs?

My brothers been waffling on a tune for years for his 8.1L . It'll pull anything loaded and pass everything on the road... but a gas station! 🤣

There's some (less than empirical) data that the 8.1L can see 10-25% MPG improvements, without touching the "traction control" (Allison killer) from a mail-order tune.
Seems like a decent "investment"/quick return for $400-$500, given the steady rise in fuel costs?

My brothers been waffling on a tune for years for his 8.1L . It'll pull anything loaded and pass everything on the road... but a gas station! 🤣
Not the first time I hear that.
I would like to have first hand feedback on a shop/company before committing. Also would like to get feedback on the MPG improvement.

I have HP Tuners and would absolutely pay a legit tuner to do their thing on it if I could keep the credits on my laptop. Unfortunately, I cannot find such a thing.

8.1 gasser I bought from @upnover towing my 36ft enclosed.

I pulled this past weekend with my 99 454 truck. I got close to the same mileage as I did with the 8.1, but didn't pull the same for sure. I miss that truck, but, I did need 4X4. Glad she's doing good fr you

8.1 gasser I bought from @upnover towing my 36ft enclosed.

That enclosed life :rockon:

1630348116395.png

That's a nice unit you got !

Mine has the frame broken in half. Got a good deal on it for that reason. I really should fix that before using it more.

Back