Lets see your yota?

more info on this rascal would be awesome. It looks meaner now then it did in its first life.

22re/toy 5 speed/toy range box/dana 300. The front is a cut/sleeved/turned/flipped to PSD 79 Ford 60 HP, rear is a 35 spline 79 60 (5.38s/lockers in both). 43 SXs on Raceline beadlocks. It took way too long to get it together, but it did pretty well on it's shakedown.

I need to redo the front driveshaft and probably bleed the brakes some more, maybe evaluate components to make sure it all matches up. I had to pump the brakes 2-3 times to get a really solid pedal. When I was bleeding the brakes I got a great pedal, but when running it drops some and feels too soft vs what I would like. GM 1 ton master to stock Ford front calipers - brand new, and 1/2 ton Chevy calipers in the rear.

22re/toy 5 speed/toy range box/dana 300. The front is a cut/sleeved/turned/flipped to PSD 79 Ford 60 HP, rear is a 35 spline 79 60 (5.38s/lockers in both). 43 SXs on Raceline beadlocks. It took way too long to get it together, but it did pretty well on it's shakedown.

I need to redo the front driveshaft and probably bleed the brakes some more, maybe evaluate components to make sure it all matches up. I had to pump the brakes 2-3 times to get a really solid pedal. When I was bleeding the brakes I got a great pedal, but when running it drops some and feels too soft vs what I would like. GM 1 ton master to stock Ford front calipers - brand new, and 1/2 ton Chevy calipers in the rear.
How hard was it to do all the cut/sleeve/turn/flip work on the front axle? I was looking into a HP 60 from ECGS for mine but it was out of my budget lol

How hard was it to do all the cut/sleeve/turn/flip work on the front axle? I was looking into a HP 60 from ECGS for mine but it was out of my budget lol

If I was going to do it again, I would not do what I did, LOL. I should have set the pinion/caster/leaf spring perches/steering ram setup all at the same time, and I did not. So that ended up in tons of rework, cutting/turning knuckles after welding up the axle tubes to correct caster, etc (my knuckles ended up steering into the ground after I corrected leaf spring perches/pinion angle). If I could get just a housing built to my specs and start from there using the rest of my existing parts, I would probably do that looking back.

RUF & 63s?

Are you running full manual brakes? Or have a booster?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RUF & 63s?

Are you running full manual brakes? Or have a booster?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Correct, RUF. We pushed the front axle forward 4-6 inches. Ford 52" leaves in the rear - I think from a F-150.

Stock 82? toyota single diaphragm booster to GM 1 ton master. I did adjust the pushrod to the correct length, but that was after bleeding the brakes initially. That's why I said I may just need to bleed them more.

Correct, RUF. We pushed the front axle forward 4-6 inches. Ford 52" leaves in the rear - I think from a F-150.

Stock 82? toyota single diaphragm booster to GM 1 ton master. I did adjust the pushrod to the correct length, but that was after bleeding the brakes initially. That's why I said I may just need to bleed them more.

If you’ve got a vacuum bleeder, preferably one of the ones that will pull from the bleeder rather than push through the reservoir, let it eat and just keep topping off the reservoir. That’s what it took to get mine right on the old xtra cab. Felt fine, first trip out it kept working air out then we vacuum bled it and the pedal was perfect afterwards.

qogPD8H.jpg

Finally got it out on the trail! That's @72Rockcruiser in the background

That rig is Awesome! Need more pictures.

Kairos last weekend

1626440357924.png

Man, that’s a good eye! Yep, I still have it. It’s been one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.
I noticed the tail lights. I haven't seen anyone else use the maxxima lights with reverse ring. That company builds a great trailer.

Back