Lets see your yota?

87 bobbed 4runner on rock assaults
received_386442903093932.jpeg

Do you even own a Toyota if you aren’t doing rust repair on a semi-regular basis?

View attachment 364993
Tell me about it. I'm going to get some new rear frame rails made and will be taking the bed off and hacking the old swiss cheese off and welding the new ones on in the spring.

Tell me about it. I'm going to get some new rear frame rails made and will be taking the bed off and hacking the old swiss cheese off and welding the new ones on in the spring.

I started today. Still in the planning stages, but staying with leafs for sure. Will probably Z the frame up right behind the cab and go straight back to the shackle hanger.

1F34ECD7-644F-4C0E-A5A6-AD601FF73ED0.jpeg

From a recent AOP trip

How hard was flipping the 60 axle to DSD? I’ve got a pair and was thinking about cutting the knuckle balls off the front, cutting the ends off the rear at the proper width, and making a DSD front that way.

How hard was flipping the 60 axle to DSD? I’ve got a pair and was thinking about cutting the knuckle balls off the front, cutting the ends off the rear at the proper width, and making a DSD front that way.
It wasn't hard, I did it with a 4.5" angle grinder, a 110v flux core welder and a digital angle finder with no idea what I was really doing and that's it. It was kind of a pain in the ass if that makes sense though. I would put a driver's drop tacse in it before I did it again. My issue was I had way too much money dropped into my dual/lefty combo that I couldn't recoup it due to low amount of potential buyers and Toyota parts have gotten stupid expensive, so my option was to flip it. If I didn't have those cases, I would have thrown a gear drive case behind a crawler at it and run it pax side drop. If you want shoot me a PM and I can talk to you on the phone on the pros and cons of it.

I have it kind of documented here in my build thread, and really documented on Tacoma world. I also used ZUK build thread on yota tech as he did the same thing right before me.

My new to me 85. Purchased from the classifieds on the forum. Guy I bought it from said he got it about ten years ago from the forum as well. Does anyone recognize it? Would really like to talk to the original builder.

Attachments

• PXL_20220507_230347059.jpg
    PXL_20220507_230347059.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 150
  • PXL_20220507_231423937.jpg
    PXL_20220507_231423937.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 135
Added a custom built 2022 TRD premium xp to the stable today. About 25 days to have it built and shipped. I got lucky. It’s the wife’s new ride. I’ve never bought a new vehicle in my life. It’s a great feeling.

0D73EAB0-EDE5-4890-BA84-EAC5A6D29764.jpeg

0CD62BAB-735F-4590-A490-34D83188EF62.jpeg

I really like the grey first gen
Thanks
It’s currently under the knife.
Removed the beat up bed and tubing the back half.
Also replacing the rear fj80 rear semi float axle with a full float full float.

Other mods

Dual cases
Fj60 front end
3rz swap
40” stickies.

Pretty simple truck that flat out works.

Back