Light weight Toyota buggy build

karatejosh

Well long story short I sold my truck to a good freind of mine and got a bunch of parts together and called chris down at Mars fab. He is doing all the heavy fab work and I'm going to do all the machanical work so here's the parts rundown.

22r on propane

Turbo transmission

23 spline case with 4.7 gears big outputs and twins sticks

Toyota mini truck axles with spool rear 4.10 gears front has longs drive flanges and Detroit ez locker

17 inchForged aluminum race lines with 37 inch red label crawlers

14 inch s.a.w. race runner coilovers front and rear

uploadfromtaptalk1410045563658.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410045572995.jpg

Last edited:
I'm working on something very similar myself. Don't see many all toyota buggies looking forward to this

Almost all the tube work is done. I started on the link mounts this evening. Hope to have It fully welded and into a roller by the middle of next week if all goes well.

Ride height lol.
uploadfromtaptalk1410321997075.jpg

It's my design. The old chassis was completely scrapped. I basically just started from scratch just like I would starting any new buggy.

All I told Chris was make it look bad ass lol and I'm super happy with his work so far. it's way better then I imagined and there's a lot more to come

Two more pics
uploadfromtaptalk1410387062904.jpg
from today. 95% of the tube work is now done. A few more bars to add in the rear once the shocks are here. Josh is making the trip down Friday morning to bring shocks and a few other things things I need for final fitment. Next week it should be rolling.
uploadfromtaptalk1410387045512.jpg

Should be down in the morning going to drop off a bunch of parts and see how the buggy fits me thanks again chris for posting some pics

Thanks I wanted to get as balanced as I could. It's making for a relatively short rear driveshaft. I don't expect it to be a problem though. At ride height both shafts will almost be parallel to the ground with 14" coil overs were shooting for 7" up travel, 7" down.

Badass!!!!! I want one...in the 4 seater flavor! I see major changes in the future for my Yota!! Wife and kids are starting to get interested and wanting to go and cant fit all of them in the passenger seat!! lol

What's the wheel base going to be?

4 wheele bum I'm sure chris will build you one he has been great to work with not positive about the wheel base yet some where around 95

Back