Loans for land purchase?

So I talked to AG Carolina and they said they would loan me money on the land on some good terms.

But, my wife said she doesn't really like the neighborhood. Of course, she'd rather live in an HOA neighborhood with a pool instead of a neighborhood with houses that aren't architecturally similar and set back off the road.

Guess we are staying. For now.

Yea that’s gonna be a hard no for me! Why would anyone want someone telling me how tall my grass has to be or the color of my mailbox? Sounds like some commie shit to me....

So I talked to AG Carolina and they said they would loan me money on the land on some good terms.

But, my wife said she doesn't really like the neighborhood. Of course, she'd rather live in an HOA neighborhood with a pool instead of a neighborhood with houses that aren't architecturally similar and set back off the road.

Guess we are staying. For now.

Where is the lot and how much now that you don't want it :) haha

Well, I don't think it is the HOA that she wants, but she wants a neighborhood pool which generally comes with an HOA. Not gonna happen, fuck an HOA. I'm still pushing for her to consider the land, she said we'll take the boys out and look at it and see what they think.

Of course, she'd rather live in an HOA neighborhood with a pool instead of a neighborhood with houses that aren't architecturally similar and set back off the road.

You did tell her with 2.5 acres you could dig a pool, right??? Pennies on the dollar for what a house build would cost.

fuck an HOA.
Yea that’s gonna be a hard no for me! Why would anyone want someone telling me how tall my grass has to be or the color of my mailbox? Sounds like some commie shit to me....

Remember...not all HOA's are created equally. Used to be the same way, but my first HOA neighborhood was built out by a few racecar guys...so the covenant was veeeeeeeeeeery gear head friendly. The HOA's I had in Nags Head Village and Edenton, fucking awful. The HOA I have now, the board is filled with old folks and 'eye sore' campers in the driveway, making the lack of enforcement of my HOA an extremely beatable case if it ever became a legal battle...but does a good job keeping the riff raff out and property values up. There was a neighborhood I considered moving in to a few years ago, until I met the HOA president while checking out the house...huge douche...wanted me to know that they average 4 court appearances a quarter for folks that don't mow their lawn in the appropriate direction on a given week and refuse to pay the fine, that was clearly a no go.

Last edited:
Well, looks like we are staying at our house. Honestly, I love the land and all and would love to build my own house, but she really hated the neighborhood. We drove through again last night with the boys and I was the only one that liked it so maybe I have blinders on.

We decided to renovate our house to make it have more of the things we want. We already have a great piece of property (1.5 acres that looks like a lot more because of easements) and I have a big shop already, so if we can make it work I think it'll be fine.

One thing I will tell you is that I sure as hell will be adding on and renovating the shop too! :lol:

Why would anyone want someone telling me how tall my grass has to be or the color of my mailbox? Sounds like some commie shit to me....

HOA's have their place.

This MF's neighbors sure as hell wish there was one

20200228_072318.jpg
20200228_072327.jpg
20200228_072331.jpg
20200228_072333.jpg

@CasterTroy why you gotta put me on blast like that. :fuck-you::fuck-you::fuck-you:

I just want you to either BUILD that pontoon boat in the driveway, or finish taking it apart so you can park that dually in the driveway and stop making a rut hell next to the road

I just want you to either BUILD that pontoon boat in the driveway, or finish taking it apart so you can park that dually in the driveway and stop making a rut hell next to the road
I would but....when I bought the dodge my penis grew 5 extra inches. Now my wife cant keep her hands off me. Neither can my cousin. No time for boats now. Except motor boats...'Know what Im sayin"

I would but....when I bought the dodge my penis grew 5 extra inches. Now my wife cant keep her hands off me. Neither can my cousin. No time for boats now. Except motor boats...'Know what Im sayin"
Chicks dig that 5.5 inches.

@Blaze I can relate....Me and a buddy were looking at some land a year or so ago...13ish acres with a big pond and an existing cinderblock building that would’ve made a killer shop. It was awesome. Took the wives to check it out and his wouldn’t even get out of the car to look at it and mine hated it only slightly less :lol:.

Like your wife...it was all about the neighborhood you had to drive through to get there, and not so much the land itself.

Well, we changed our mind again. :lol: We aren't going to buy this land, but we are looking for other land. We were talking with my parents over the weekend and they convinced us to buy and not renovate. Cost wise it just didn't make sense. We don't love the house enough to add that much to our mortgage for it. It just makes more sense to repair the things that need repaired, patch anything on the roof, repair anything on the siding and sell the house when we are ready and get all of our equity out of it.

Back