Looking for some trail advice - where to go with stock jeep

all jokin aside man be very carful you are where most of us started!!! in a year that thing be caged full hydro on stickies haha
oh and anothet vote for ure its family fun and for watching find kodac rock its usually a good show have fun!!

Man, you couldn't have been more correct. I went yesterday (day of the fall jamboree) and caught a ride with a great group of guys. Now I have the bug. I am skeptical that my TJ can be built up enough (it's a girly jeep in all honesty). I sort of think maybe a CJ5 or CJ7 might be a future addition to my stable. One that is lifted a bit and that I don't care if I tear it up, because I suspect that is exactly what will happen. I saw some stock stuff out there yesterday, a couple pick-up's a tahoe etc. I have no idea how the hell they made it around. Insane! From what I saw, I would never have bet something without a couple inches of lift and even at that a short wheel base would have made it. It was quite a day!!! I have a ton to learn, but I am hooked.

Im stock besides 31 mud tires and i did everything at uwharrie besides the front side of daniel mtn, had no trouble and didnt break a thing. Very dependent on the driver and their decisions. If you're ever in the avl area im down for wheeling

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

after that little glitch meeting up,I'm glad you had a good time with us.Your wrangler with a little mods will do just fine.

Man, you couldn't have been more correct. I went yesterday (day of the fall jamboree) and caught a ride with a great group of guys. Now I have the bug. I am skeptical that my TJ can be built up enough (it's a girly jeep in all honesty). I sort of think maybe a CJ5 or CJ7 might be a future addition to my stable. One that is lifted a bit and that I don't care if I tear it up, because I suspect that is exactly what will happen. I saw some stock stuff out there yesterday, a couple pick-up's a tahoe etc. I have no idea how the hell they made it around. Insane! From what I saw, I would never have bet something without a couple inches of lift and even at that a short wheel base would have made it. It was quite a day!!! I have a ton to learn, but I am hooked.
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man Its a wonderful hobby(if you don't ask my wife) We are taking a couple of mostly stockers up there this weekend to give them a rundown for the Cheap Truck Challenge (see related post in this section) man I love playing with stuff like that at URE!!!

i say you drive to 4wheel parts my friend! super fun hobby. spend 3k and youll be posting pics of your rig on kodak in no time!

No no, going to start a bit tamer than that. Got a laugh out of it though. Hopefully I'm not eating my words. Kind of thinking about getting a CJ5 or 7 that I don't care if I mess it up a bit rather than building up the sissy wrangler. I gotta do something, I've been thinking about this constantly since last weekend. I had a damn ball out there.

No no, going to start a bit tamer than that. Got a laugh out of it though. Hopefully I'm not eating my words. Kind of thinking about getting a CJ5 or 7 that I don't care if I mess it up a bit rather than building up the sissy wrangler. I gotta do something, I've been thinking about this constantly since last weekend. I had a damn ball out there.

FJ40......JEEP EATER....HAHA

A tj is a very capable plantform to start with. Most jeeps are but I'd go with a toyota just due to the fact they are cheapish, reliable and stupid tuff.

i agree that toyota is the best....but i like cjs too. if you can find one with 32s or 33s it can go far...... let me give you a little advice tho. if you can find one with 35, locked, geared and ready to go, do it! bec you will just end up doing it anyway. its addictive.

i agree that toyota is the best....but i like cjs too. if you can find one with 32s or 33s it can go far...... let me give you a little advice tho. if you can find one with 35, locked, geared and ready to go, do it! bec you will just end up doing it anyway. its addictive.

I know. This sh*t ain't funny now! I am going to drop a wad of cash on this before I'm done. It starts as a few spring pucks and a cheap set of 31's so I'm in for a few hundred, and then voila, I have 35's, 4" lift and a new motor in the works. Damn it all!!!! You guys should have some warnings and disclaimers on this stuff to warn naive fools like myself what's behind the curtain here. :D

Back