Looking to buy jerky in bulk for OTR.

Darkbloodmon

Was wondering if anyone makes or knows of someone who makes jerky after a hunting season in bulk or butcher shop run?

As the title says I'm looking to buy.

The truck stop prices make drugs seem affordable.

For context I need more fiber in my diet and was planning on getting some peanut or nut butter throwing some cranberries in there mixing it up then spooning it out with jerky strips.

Merry Christmas from the wanderer currently in Catoosa Oklahoma with steel beams.

I don't eat much jerky but I would guess amazon if you are now buying from truck stops. That much salt cant be good for you. lol
Amazon product ASIN B0765C6F2K
Haven't thought of Amazon, figured I'd try local first; a friend of mine made some deer jerky a while back and it was amazing(I can't believe it's not antibiotics!) , haven't bought any from a truck stop though.

I'm proud to say I've avoided eating at truck stops as well.

I know they’re not truck friendly per se but Bucees has jerky in the bag and also bulk. They have lots of flavor options. Their quality is pretty damn good and they prices are pretty fair also for “store bought”.

I know they’re not truck friendly per se but Bucees
It depends on the Buccees - the one in Texas we went through had a 150 Lane Diesel field for tractors

The one I was just at in Leeds, AL. Was $26/lb. But jerky is just flat out espensive.
Why is it so expensive when humans have been dehydrating meat for thousands of years, shouldn't the prices come down like technology? Forget investing in gold if dried meat has that kind of economic stability.

Countries fought wars over salt, now were throwing it on the roads in "generous" amounts

It doesn't add up:stirthepot:

I'll drop by a Buckey's and see whats on the shelf, I feel like i've seen more bill boards than actual locations they way they advertise from 3 states over.

Why is it so expensive when humans have been dehydrating meat for thousands of years, shouldn't the prices come down like technology? Forget investing in gold if dried meat has that kind of economic stability.

Countries fought wars over salt, now were throwing it on the roads in "generous" amounts

I’d assume it’s time and energy expended to produce it. However they are dehydrating it is probably spendy. (Gas heat or electric or…). Energy isn’t cheap unfortunately.

Obviously a shot in the dark but just my .02.

I make jerky weekly out of beef heart for my dog.

You can make it 10x's cheaper than buying. A good dehydrator is only about 100$ This is the one I use.

Amazon product ASIN B008H2OEKK

Attachments

• presto.png
    presto.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 30

Beef muscle is about 75% water.
Meaning to get 1lb of beef jerky you start with about 4lbs of beef.

Cheap beef cuts are about $4/lb

Now add in the time equipment material and spices to make it in bulk….

I love smoked fish jerky. I've made it w Spanish Mackerel many times. Fillet the sides and cut them in fingers and brine them for 3 or 4 hours w soy sauce/teriyaki, brown sugar. Wash every piece under running water to wash the brine off and pat them dry and let them dry on screens on my kitchen table till they are tacky, maybe 3 hours. smoke them on my weber grill with 8 or 10 coals on the edge of the grill and the fish on smoke them for about 4 hours, adding a few coals till they are firm to touch. The only problem is I can't stop eating it! You can you keep the fish for weeks in the fridge but I eat it in a few days.

If you trim the fat and cut disservice to the grain you can make a lot of jerky from a London broil cheap and it’ll be 10x better texture and flavor than oberta. You just need a rack over pan setup in your oven

Back