Lots of interesting news today

jeepinmatt

..l.
Way too many under prepared people on Everest now days. I have read every book known to man on the mountain, and would have done anything to see it 20 years ago. Not now....
News clip was showing the line of people "waiting" near the summit.

I looked over at my wife and said "where's the exclusivity? What NOW makes this special?"
Not that I ever had ambitions to do it, but dang...

News clip was showing the line of people "waiting" near the summit.

I looked over at my wife and said "where's the exclusivity? What NOW makes this special?"
Not that I ever had ambitions to do it, but dang...
Exactly. I bet less people have climbed Spencer Mountain here in Gaston County.

11 g's for a permit to do it. I cringe at thinking about paying $70 for a ticket for Carowinds.
I'm offering an all-expenses-paid trip to any given lake just to see who can out swim me. You pay the Navy seals an hourly wage to be on standby and I'll buy the beer. :p

Everest is played out. Now let's see those super climbers hit K2. Not that I would ever do either but if I was looking for the challenge I'd go after it before Everest.

You had me on this one, but there is no video in the link, so I call that an utter failure.
Honestly, the headline was enough for my imagination.

You had me on this one, but there is no video in the link, so I call that an utter failure.
I firmly believe that certain portions of our population should be selected for a drone to just follow them around, preparing footage for the inevitable.
For the sake of education, of course....

With all three of those coming from different sources...I’m more curious if your browser history provides insight on ‘suggested articles’ or if you just got lucky and they were all on a yahoo homepage or something.

With all three of those coming from different sources...I’m more curious if your browser history provides insight on ‘suggested articles’ or if you just got lucky and they were all on a yahoo homepage or something.
Google news feed. I read everything, so I now get suggestions for all kinds of stuff. I get suggestions from Breitbart to The Root, Wall Street Journal, CNN, WWII history stuff, Bachelor/Bachelorette, and of course tons of racing and auto related stuff too. The comment section on The Root is probably the most entertaining and eye opening for me.

I'm offering an all-expenses-paid trip to any given lake just to see who can out swim me. You pay the Navy seals an hourly wage to be on standby and I'll buy the beer. :p

I just want to go on one of your expeditions on the water dude. Camp, cook, drink beer and raise hell!
And i'll bring the steaks.
Of all people, you know i'm serious.

I just want to go on one of your expeditions on the water dude. Camp, cook, drink beer and raise hell!
And i'll bring the steaks.
Of all people, you know i'm serious.
Second, I'll be the most sober but this Nancy is down.

Back