LPG Tankless heater

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
Shop I work in has a water feed for a hand sink and a LPG line that feed the shop heater. We want to add a little water heater to get hot water for washing the grease off our hands (1st world problems I know). What the recommendation.

Just a hand sink?

I hate tankless anything because they are essentially disposable. Mainly due to lack of maintenance, but also because (like everything) build quality is shit. So, treat this AS disposable instead of a long term solution.

1st option: Electric (if you have enough POWAH) Instant Flow Water Heaters | Point-of-Use SR Series - Chronomite (Eemax is a better product, but why pay more for a paper plate?!?!?)
2nd option" Propane (if you can vent it properly) Amazon china heater I had this heater in my enclosed for my shower and sink. I never ran out of hot water. Even when I showered, then @BigClay showered, and his daughter showered. So it'll handle a sink with no problem

One of the best things I've done to the shop was adding this tankless electric heater.
Added some nice touches to the shop this week. I've had a water line run down there for probably 6-7 years, but never had anything to connected it to. Finally decided to change that. View attachment 400562View attachment 400563View attachment 400564View attachment 400567View attachment 400568

It's nice to have, but also kinda weird being able to wash hands and drink water down there.

One of the biggest reasons for the tankless was the very intermittent usage, but also so I could wash equipment and shop stuff with the pressure washer and not be limited by a small tank. Put that to the test today, and worked great at 120deg for nearly 3hrs of tedious washing. View attachment 400569
And also getting a small electric pressure washer that didn't outflow the 2-3gpm of the heater. I've washed more stuff down there in the past 6 months than I have in the past 6 years up at the house.

Just shooting for propane as it’s plentiful. Electric is an option as this shop has all the juice you could ask for (3-phase and all the options) just means having to wire it as opposed to dropping a 110v out of the box right next to the sink and plumbing 4’ of propane line.

Just shooting for propane as it’s plentiful. Electric is an option as this shop has all the juice you could ask for (3-phase and all the options) just means having to wire it as opposed to dropping a 110v out of the box right next to the sink and plumbing 4’ of propane line.

Don't forget it will need to vented outside. The majority of under sink point of use heaters are 120v, they are also about $1k less than a propane tankless

I've got the 2.5 gallon version of this in my shop for washing hands and it's been great. I linked the 4 gallon version in case you need enough hot water for multiple people to wash their hands one after another.

Ariston Andris 4 Gallon 120-Volt Corded Point of Use Mini-Tank Electric Water Heater Amazon.com

Don't forget it will need to vented outside. The majority of under sink point of use heaters are 120v, they are also about $1k less than a propane tankless
^^ yeah if you're already having run run any electrical at all for the propane, and the box is right there, WTF does it save you to be propane instead of electric?

Back