LS-Swapped Land Cruiser (FJ62)

adman02

Selling my 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62. It is modified and ready to roll. Bought the vehicle a few years ago (listed on here) with the intention of building a family-friendly off road vehicle. Completed the LS swap, but have lost interest in it.

• Body has roughly 207,000 miles
• Engine (LM7) and transmission (4L60e) from a 2006 Yukon with about 186,000 miles
• Spring over axle lift with 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, 4.88 gears, and a high steer kit
• New Toyota fuel tank and Tanks, Inc in-tank fuel pump
• Needs a few odds and ends to finish it, but it can be your daily driver if you want (even has working heat and AC)
• Body has no dents, but it does have rust spots (it's an old Toyota) and the seat vinyl is a little rough.
• Have a clean title in hand. Also have boxes of left-over parts if you want them.

New price: $14,500
IMG_7101.JPGIMG_7102.JPGIMG_7103.JPGIMG_7107.JPGIMG_7108.JPGIMG_7109.JPGIMG_7110.JPGIMG_7111.JPG

Last edited:
I came here hoping I couldn't find it....

Gosh. Dangit. I don't even like Toyota's and this is tempting.

To keep it technical...
Will it do a wheelie if you strap a couple fat girls to the tailgate?

Stop.

@adman02

sidebar question....did you wire in a brake pedal switch to unlock the tourque converter? I haven't seen much on what is used, if its always needed, and how its mounted to the older style pedals that don't hav provisions for it.

Thanks!
My LJ doesn't have the TCC hooked up. It unlocks based on speed and is all done in the tune. Works perfectly.

@adman02

sidebar question....did you wire in a brake pedal switch to unlock the tourque converter? I haven't seen much on what is used, if its always needed, and how its mounted to the older style pedals that don't hav provisions for it.

Thanks!
I do. There are a couple of options for the land cruiser. BP Automotive (and other harness suppliers) make a switch you can swap/wire in.

1715114556189.png

Also, there's a guy named CruiserMatt on IH8Mud that makes a special wiring harness that unlocks the converter when the brake is pressed - no special switch needed. This is what I used.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 4.43.31 PM.png

Back