Metal carport for RV

The little pads are 24x24x8”, Post set on top. I put 2 10”x 1/2” rebar through post towards bottom to help keep the from twisting and then poured concrete around them. Haven’t had one fall down yet.

The little pads are 24x24x8”, Post set on top. I put 2 10”x 1/2” rebar through post towards bottom to help keep the from twisting and then poured concrete around them. Haven’t had one fall down yet.

Just so I am clear (can be slow); you drilled the post and inserted 2 pieces of rebar. Then you set those in the concrete before it was dry?

I have been planning to use the wet-set/Simpson strongtie anchors for attaching the post to the concrete, but your solution sounds good too, if I am following correctly.

Just so I am clear (can be slow); you drilled the post and inserted 2 pieces of rebar. Then you set those in the concrete before it was dry?

I have been planning to use the wet-set/Simpson strongtie anchors for attaching the post to the concrete, but your solution sounds good too, if I am following correctly.

I imagine he's talking about he drilled holes through the post perpendicular to the hole in the ground and stuck re rod through to help prevent pullout.

R&R also makes/sells these wet set collars that dwarf the simpson collars for not much more money...

94490940_2924036904377909_6207142691013132288_o.jpg

Excuse the crude drawing, drill holes and run bar through. Set pole and then pour concrete around it. I am more concerned with the poles twisting when they dry out but would also help keep them
From pulling out
3511329F-B604-4F62-92D2-A64E766E9C3B.jpeg

Excuse the crude drawing, drill holes and run bar through. Set pole and then pour concrete around it. I am more concerned with the poles twisting when they dry out but would also help keep them
From pulling out
View attachment 338123
Much more sense, does this make.

Back