Metal Garage pros vs cons?

I think it's 2.5" tube, 4' on center. But, standard is 5'. If you wanted a loft, it would have to support itself. Mine is like his with the high support.
Oh yes the loft would be based on internal framing.
I just dont wanna have a lot of low truss beams in the way.

Woody's pics look a lot farther than 4' spacing but it could be deceptive optics
 
which tube style / size is yours?

Looking back through this thread I'm really surprised at the spacing between verticals/trusses on @BIGWOODY 's as well as how little cross-beam support there is. Is that a thicker tube?
Seems a lot of the Verstube style are only like 4-5' spacing and a full-size horizontal beam truss, eating up a ton of space.

I'm back to looking seriously for a 30x40 but I have an ordinance height limit, really want to plan for a loft storage so trying to figure the right framing to make it work
Yes, it is thicker tube than a standard building . It was additional cost on the building. The real downside to it, that I never thought about, it's an absolute bitch to run self tapping screws. My electrician was cussing a lot doing the wiring.
 
@BIGWOODY

What thickness insulation did you go with for the building? The builder offers 2", but I thought 3 or 4 would be better.
It's thick batting, I don't remember the exact thickness, but a good part of my expense was insulation. I checked on spray on and adding insulation after the building was up. Everyone I talked to said the way to go is the way I did it, putting it up while contructing the building.
 
That's a whole different animal from what he's got and I'm doing.
20261001_105443.jpg


My red iron building has 6" on the roof and twin 5ton units. Stays 75-79 on the hottest days.
 
Yes, it is thicker tube than a standard building . It was additional cost on the building. The real downside to it, that I never thought about, it's an absolute bitch to run self tapping screws. My electrician was cussing a lot doing the wiring.
hm thats a really good point. It was one of the things I was concerned about wrt red iron, def can't easily drill in that either.
I figured it was just larger diameter tube, not thicker.
I'd probably end up zip tying a lot....
 
Back
Top