Mildly interesting on Flightradar24 tonight

kaiser715

Doing hard time
About 2:30am, I heard a lifeflight copter go overhead, We are just about under their flight path when headed south from UNC to Moore county and nearby areas. They go over usually around 2500'.

This time though, at the same time, a pretty loud plane flew over low. Or sounded more like a plane than another helicopter. I was up anyway, and pulled up flightradar24. Showed the UNC aircare, with what it shows as a plane right behind it, maybe 1/4 mile horizontal separation. Altitude was 3700 for aircare, and 4000 for the other aircraft. Both dropped off the flightradar (sub-1000') within a mile of the Hoke hospital. Which is why I think it may have been another helicopter.

My house is near the top of this screen shot. The track shown here is about 25 miles long. For most of the way the "plane/copter/UFO" was just behind the lifeflight. Even when 2 lifeflights go over, they usually maintain at least probably a mile or more separation.

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 2.20.07 AM.png

And the info on the plane/whatever....evidently a military a/c:

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 2.20.57 AM.png

Boring, but it is 3am...I've just never known them to fly that close to each other.

UNC health does have some turbo prop planes but that's really odd it would be flying so close at night and with no ads-b info. Possibly military or rich person

Flight radar is an awesome app.

I’ve also used an online marine tracker to see where my shipments are and how long them would sit outside of port during and after Covid and all the port congestion.

Possibly military or rich person
I'm glad we have a resident rich person to let us know when other rich persons are doing the things us commoners will never know about :laughing::huggy:

I paid flightaware and flight radar years ago to hide my tail number bc jeepin matt kept showing up everywhere I'd go. Money well spent
I remember when you fell off the radar on flightaware and flightradar. That's why I created flightradar24. 🤷‍♂️

Back