Mini-buggy Pictures(request)

How mini are you talking about? A Samurai is pretty much a mini-buggy.

The vision in my head is side by side seating. samurai/jeep axles. 4cyl/auto/t-case. 31-33 tires. Tube frame.

I like this profile.

Attachments

• singleseat_side.jpg
    singleseat_side.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 863
yeah sounds to me like buying a beat Sammie or old Tracker and removing the body, make a tube chassis. Why reinvent the wheel.

The vision in my head is side by side seating. samurai/jeep axles. 4cyl/auto/t-case. 31-33 tires. Tube frame.

I like this profile.

Samurai with a Sidekick 2wd automatic transmission to the Samurai TC. Buy a Samurai, remove the body, and build a tube frame on the stock Samurai frame. Kind of like a Formula Toy deal. That is the cheapest and easiest solution to get what you want. Could probably end up being around 1,700-2,100 lbs depending on how you build it. You really don't need an automatic for kids though unless they are really little. A kid big enough to drive a small buggy like we are talking could be taught to shift gears. There are kids as young as 6 yrs old that can ride a dirt bike with a clutch and shift gears.

I have dreams of doing the same thing for my girls that Dave mentions...

Strip a Samauri, build a tube chassis, 4 link it front and rear, add 33" tires and done!

Obviously, it will be kid sized, though

I have dreams of doing the same thing for my girls that Dave mentions...

Strip a Samauri, build a tube chassis, 4 link it front and rear, add 33" tires and done!

Obviously, it will be kid sized, though

Curious, why even bother w/ the links if its for the kids. I see that as keeping them from doing too dangerous stuff.

Curious, why even bother w/ the links if its for the kids. I see that as keeping them from doing too dangerous stuff.

Already have the parts so want to use them.

Plus with 33" tires, they will need some help so the springs don't get hung up

It will be a mini tube buggy so factory leaf springs will have to be reworked a lot to be good

A friend was talking about building something small for his son. I found this pic and it quickly became my favorite mini-design.
image.jpg

A friend was talking about building something small for his son. I found this pic and it quickly became my favorite mini-design.
View attachment 185518
that's "small for his son"? good grief.
What ever happened to giving your kids a $500 beater

I want one and I'm 6 foot 200lbs isho_O. Seriously I'd prefer this over a lot of other designs. My Classic Bronco width stuff is destined for something like this. More pics my heads spinning with design ideas.

that's "small for his son"? good grief.
What ever happened to giving your kids a $500 beater

I agree. We were looking for something that we could power with a 4wd ATV engine, and use Sami or Toyota axles, 31-33" tires.

Back