Moab trip jeep transport

You know Moab is in the desert, right?

I don’t get to chose my dates. Much like fishing, I have to do what I want when I have time and am available. I’m available in dead of summer. I (read: wife and kids) will have to suck it up for a couple days. Most of our time will be up north but will venture south some as well.

But it’s dry heat man!!!

:lol: I had to. There’s a reason big Moab events are in the spring and fall. It was 105-108 when @SPOA87YJ and I were last there. Dry heat or not that’s ‘effin HOT!
Right. Every time we've been there, it was late September or early October, and it was hot in the middle of the day.

Been there twice in June or July. Yes it is hot but not too much worse than wheeling in NC in August. Drink LOTS of water. A group of us vehicles did Pritchet Canyon in June. I'd be willing to bet we drank every bit of 50 bottles of water. I considered drinking the melted ice before I found someone had a bottle still.

Sounds like a good business opportunity for someone to buy a few acres of desert and fence it in and start a shipping/receiving facility for rigs being sent to MOAB
kind of surprised somebody isn't already doing that. If I had an offroad business there, I'd surely do it.

Bumping this thread. Our April trip got cancelled. We're now going Sept 3-13. We have our transport plans set and were just finishing up small details until one of the rigs blew the motor Monday night. He picked up a motor yesterday and plans to swap it this weekend.

Were just taking 2 rigs on a double and mine on my single trailer with 3 drivers in each truck.

I'm trying to get my AC done on the LS because it's currently 104 in Moab...

The Bronco still going? That thing is sweet!
Yes. He and a couple others are leaving earlier and running the Rubicon first, then meeting us back in Moab.

There's actually 3 groups going at different times for different things all rendezvousing in Moab at the same time. The others are doing some Colorado trails on the way out and back.

Back