MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Would be a great system/way to go if one could get all manufacturers to agree to a standard.
They will eventually, once they are about to lose out completely because of it. I believe that's how standards work :D

thought GM, possibly another manufacturer, had proposed a "battery replacement station" similar to a quick lube shop. pull in, battery pack dropped out from bottom, new battery pack installed, drive off for the next xx miles and be able to do it again.
8317296_orig.jpg

7138693_orig.jpg

Until you pull into the station and eget the unit with the leaking cell...then get 10 miles away and have a $10k paperweight under your car.
I doubt the company that just charged you $50 for a recharge is going to eat the $10k battery pack

Would be a great system/way to go if one could get all manufacturers to agree to a standard.
Ford and GM now use the same 10-speed tranny to cut down on costs for R&D and parts. They do however use different software to control it.
So maybe that is one step towards standardization.

Ford and GM now use the same 10-speed tranny to cut down on costs for R&D and parts. They do however use different software to control it.

Funny part about these transmissions is the failure rate on the Chevy version to damn near none on the Ford. Our trans guy said it's the programming!

I men this isnt really new.
New Process made Tcases for both forever
Dana diffs.
Tremec manual trans etc etc etc.

Many of the 10 speed internals are the same but not all as I understand it.
And dont they spec different fluid?

The way my luck works with I’d get stuck with the betamax version. I’ll wait til the fight is over.
No joke, I almost mentioned Beta/VHS. My parents still have their Beta player hooked to the TV in the basement. It was a better system!

It was a better system!
I have 4 plasma TVs and only 1 LCD/LED TV in my house.
The far superior technology lost.
My oldest plasma is an 05 model and can still out perform current gen mid to low high end sets

My oldest plasma is an 05 model and can still out perform current gen mid to low high end sets
And they are aux heat sources in the winter

And they are aux heat sources in the winter

You know that's the long standing accusation and while they do certainly emit warmth...my dish box puts off hotter heat than even my 70" plasma

Betamax. Nuff Said.

You know that's the long standing accusation and while they do certainly emit warmth...my dish box puts off hotter heat than even my 70" plasma
I expect you've done the conversion to account for surface area to understand which is actually transferring more Joules of energy into the air?

Joking aside, my house is only 700 sq ft and my Samsung plasma from 2008 was pretty effective at keeping it warm if the temp was above 40 until the girl from The Ring started trying to crawl out of it.

Back