MOTD (Meme of the Day)

In our world there is no reason to.
Stay late, work all weekend, get ahead for a Tuesday bid. They will just shove 4 addendums out Monday afternoon with no change to bid time...
Exactly.

Stay late, work all weekend, get ahead for a Tuesday bid. They will just shove 4 addendums out Monday afternoon with no change to bid time...

Lewisville bid docs are due friday. DPI review required the architect to add 2 more sinks in every science lab (I told them from day 1 but they're from Pennsylvania and kept telling me "they do it this way all the time" :rolleyes:

So guess what I came into this AM..yup...a new model with changes to 12 science labs...and not just adding 2 more sinks per classroom, but lets put the ones I already had connected in Revit on completely different walls, and totally reconfigure the class :kaioken:

Putting something off until next week allows me the time to do the thing I put off previously and is now due tomorrow.

7d982ca380dca885af516db21f2f6f8b.jpg

If it’s not life, limb, or eyesight there’s no reason to stay late, come in early, and work weekends. It’ll be waiting on you. The machine will continue to turn.

That could be a dude. Not enough info

That could be a dude. Not enough info
Are we looking the same picture? Clearly it's a chick. Look at the hip to waist ratio and shape of the torso.

If it’s not life, limb, or eyesight there’s no reason to stay late, come in early, and work weekends. It’ll be waiting on you. The machine will continue to turn.

I understand your sentiment and your mentality, I dont share it but I understand it.
Simply put we are in different industries (I suspect) and have different life experiences, motivations, goals and priorities.
I dont think either is right or wrong, just individual, different.

I work in and around construction. Timelines are measured in years, deadlines in minutes. So when the job requires me to work til midnight to shove a bid out, I do. When the job allows me to take a week off and spend with my kids, or a random afternoon on the lake or type on Nc4x4 at 1pm or whatever else I do that as well. My job, my career doesnt have defined hours or boundaries. My office is 14 steps away from my living room. So this AM I wanted to do something at my daughter's school I didnt hit a lick until 10...I didnt have to tell anyone or ask anyone or anything else. I just did it and now I do my job.

Finally, I dont say this from a judgemental stand point I just hope to explain my perspective.
Not-that-deep-down inside Im still that poor orphaned kid at the Catholic boarding school who was picked on for his hand me down, or salvation army clothes. Those experiences shaped me. They dont define me, but they did mold me. My kids will never know that feeling. I promsied my 8 year old self that one day Id have kids and they wouldnt be picked on for their clothes and that Id bust their ass if they ever picked on another kid...I lived that promise. But despite that...Im still 100% money motivated. I still wake up several times a month in a cold sweat that my family is starving to death and Im a failure and cant provide financially for them. Thats not proverbial or used for visual....thats real, honest wake up scared life. One day Ill be a millionaire and I will still wake up the same way.
Its how I was shaped.
I have no desire to change that. I use it to fuel my fire...and to make sure my lineage never knows that feeling.

I still wake up several times a month in a cold sweat that my family is starving to death
That's just that weird diet you're on bro ;)

[QUOTE="Ron, post: 1732295, member: 519"

I work in and around construction. Timelines are measured in years, deadlines in minutes.[/QUOTE]

this is probably the best explanation of construction, most weeks i can do my work in 8-10 hrs, but i have to be available basically 24/7 for the oh shits. and when bidding i may work for a week or longer till late at night but then not do much of anything for the next 2 weeks.

[QUOTE="Ron, post: 1732295, member: 519"

I work in and around construction. Timelines are measured in years, deadlines in minutes.

this is probably the best explanation of construction, most weeks i can do my work in 8-10 hrs, but i have to be available basically 24/7 for the oh shits. and when bidding i may work for a week or longer till late at night but then not do much of anything for the next 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]
Then why can't you find time to finish a rig?

he can find the time. You know, you got choices for the time: woman, hunting/fishing, more money, working on rig, or wheeling. Pick one. I think he prefers fishing/hunting. Easy decision.
Get your reasoning out of here.

Back