MOTD (Meme of the Day)

20b03b0fc74a49b9a8bbeb227778b312.jpg

So, one upshot of thsi whole thing is that here they have allowed a lot more flexibility on take-out alcohol.
And the local breweries have really stepped up the growler game, way easier now to swing by and grab a couple evenings' worth of fresh beer for home than it used to be.

So, one upshot of thsi whole thing is that here they have allowed a lot more flexibility on take-out alcohol.
And the local breweries have really stepped up the growler game, way easier now to swing by and grab a couple evenings' worth of fresh beer for home than it used to be.

to go margaritas in a big Styrofoam bellywash cup with a straw FTMFW from the mexican place up the skreet

to go margaritas in a big Styrofoam bellywash cup with a straw FTMFW from the mexican place up the skreet
We call that Nawlins...

Wait y’all haven’t been making your own to go drinks this whole time?

cf9b1fa2ce9cefbd09f815c63b0949c6.jpg

had to google FTMFW and laughed...........I've been in the abc store twice in weeks w/o a mask and was served.The first time I pulled my t shirt over my nose, the next I just got my bottle,paid and left. I don't shop, I know what I want and might be in the store for a minute.

I might be old, but still got my guns from when I was 5. Gunbelt doesn't fit any more, though.

Used to be a matched pair (white grips) but I totally wore one out.

i-9MWp4V6-L.jpg

I have a set of Roy Rogers holsters and guns around here somewhere.

I know Ford (mighta been Federal standard) went net in 73 for all their engines. 71 was the last year of good gross power numbers.
And even then...did you know a Boss 429 only made 372 hp...

And even then...did you know a Boss 429 only made 372 hp...

Absolutely...it’s why I chuckle when folks talk about their pre-emissions monsters. This entire build was nothing more than to prove innernet windowlickers wrong, and make note of the false advertising and overstated power numbers of the day...

D24E5F7B-57E2-4009-89F2-F62725CC5D89.jpeg
092BC198-C8FF-4A02-BF3B-88470174CCE9.jpeg

come again?
not sure i follow.
ELI5

come again?
not sure i follow.
ELI5

Your boss 429 reference was probably a bad one to spring board from, the ford performance engines were typically understated. But the passenger car engines, not so much. They were typically overstated. The pic I posted is of a 1970 365hp rated 460. Bone stock...put it on a dyno, it won't hit 365hp...you'll be somewhere in the 300-330hp region, max. And that assumes you didn't just use a stock take out from a 50 year old lincoln/ford sedan. My 1970 460 that I pictured has about $3500 thrown at it...and let's not forget I used stock replacement silv-o-lite pistons and just hand honed the bores. You think $3500 worth of parts and head work really only took me from a 'factory rating' of 365hp to 411hp...nah, the engine was overrated from the start. Alot of grown men cry on their dyno day. Edit...not much different than overstated mpg claims that were all the rage 10ish years ago.

Last edited:
1720c93f1f15a3b944fee0c4655210ff.jpg

Your boss 429 reference was probably a bad one to spring board from, the ford performance engines were typically understated. But the passenger car engines, not so much. They were typically overstated. The pic I posted is of a 1970 365hp rated 460. Bone stock...put it on a dyno, it won't hit 365hp...you'll be somewhere in the 300-330hp region, max. And that assumes you didn't just use a stock take out from a 50 year old lincoln/ford sedan. My 1970 460 that I pictured has about $3500 thrown at it...and let's not forget I used stock replacement silv-o-lite pistons and just hand honed the bores. You think $3500 worth of parts and head work really only took me from a 'factory rating' of 365hp to 411hp...nah, the engine was overrated from the start. Alot of grown men cry on their dyno day. Edit...not much different than overstated mpg claims that were all the rage 10ish years ago.

gotcha.
don't discount leaded fuel and higher compression also though. thats a pretty major game changer.

But I agree with your overall premise. My sbf is 47X at the back tires. And its the funniest thing it will flat walk off from a couple of 600hp cars that havent seen the dyno...its nothing special...but so many folks over state numbers or dont fully appreciate what those numbers really were

Regarding the Boss 9 ...all I can say is today with the same weight and a perfect shift pattern you need around 500 hp to hit what the stocks cars did the 1.4 in according to all the magazines and tests of day.

Back