MOTD (Meme of the Day)

uber.png

They actually reached out to APPA municipals about an hour ago asking for help in Western NC & Northern SC.

I am in the piedmont of NC and no power for 36 hours, and I am in the city limits. Good to hear they have asked for assistance. In all honesty my meme post was not a jab at any lineman, as I have the utmost respect for them, it was more towards the suits that count the money.

I am in the piedmont of NC and no power for 36 hours, and I am in the city limits. Good to hear they have asked for assistance. In all honesty my meme post was not a jab at any lineman, as I have the utmost respect for them, it was more towards the suits that count the money.
Without going into too much detail, there is not a mutual aid agreement between APPA & Duke Energy (even though we've asked for one multiple times) so I wouldn't hold your breath. I know Duke doesn't like looking bad and in the past they have had contractors, outside IOU crews & and munis put a Duke Energy magnet over their door logo to keep up appearances. The mutual aid agreement between munis & co-ops allowed us to organize 7 munis to mobilize crews to help 6 members in Western NC on Thursday....that mutual aid agreement between munis & co-ops is why I avoid houses/neighborhoods served by Duke.

Long ago when I was even younger and dumber, I worked with a guy over in Asheville doing construction testing. We stopped in at a gas station and he tells me to go grab him a pack of nabs. I had no idea and walked all over the store looking for them. I even went to the cashier and asked and they didn't have a clue. I came back empty handed and received a colorful explanation of what they were.

Long ago when I was even younger and dumber, I worked with a guy over in Asheville doing construction testing. We stopped in at a gas station and he tells me to go grab him a pack of nabs. I had no idea and walked all over the store looking for them. I even went to the cashier and asked and they didn't have a clue. I came back empty handed and received a colorful explanation of what they were.
Similar deal. Me and BIL worked a 6 week shut down at a papermill. 7/12s msking big money. Of course back then all the travelers chased shut downs. We were working a crew headed by thus dude from up north thst orher than talking funny was a pretty good guy.

Dude comes up to my bil and says (we think) I'll give ya 15 extra minutes for break if you give me a pop in them nads....

We were so confused.

Later we learned he'd wanted a Pepsi and some crackers.

Back