MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Nothing to add.

I love lurking this thread! Great shit!:lol:

The 70's thru the mid to late 80's are my favorite GM trucks. The 700R4 transmissions are shit though.

So long as you also agree that the th350 and 4l60 are shit as well, because they are all 3 essentially the same.

I know I rode a bus and survived, but I have to say my kid will never ride one. Not with the crackheads they put behind the wheels now days. They're so desperate for drivers that they are literally paying for people to get their CDL

The last year my kid rode a bus they had so many kids the aisle was full of standing students. Makes good sense to me.

What is the rational for school buses not having seat belts??

What is the rational for school buses not having seat belts??
Short answer, they are much safer than a passenger car. Improper seat belt use is dangerous, and finally study the term compartmentalization.

Short answer, they are much safer than a passenger car. Improper seat belt use is dangerous, and finally study the term compartmentalization.

I was told once by a firefighter when helping out with a disaster response drill that the reason they didn't have seatbelts is because they are still safe without them due to the way the bus is built and if there was an emergency, it is easier to get the kids out without seatbelts.

I was told once by a firefighter when helping out with a disaster response drill that the reason they didn't have seatbelts is because they are still safe without them due to the way the bus is built and if there was an emergency, it is easier to get the kids out without seatbelts.
and you were essentially juust told the same thing by a firefighter again. :D

I know I rode a bus and survived, but I have to say my kid will never ride one. Not with the crackheads they put behind the wheels now days. They're so desperate for drivers that they are literally paying for people to get their CDL
When I was in high school, the students drove the buses. Why anyone thought I was responsible enough for that is beyond me. But I didn't kill anyone so there was that.

When I was in high school, the students drove the buses. Why anyone thought I was responsible enough for that is beyond me. But I didn't kill anyone so there was that.
yup i rode the bus all thru grade school until i got my license. all the drivers were high school
seniors. didn't put up with no bull crap neither. that was back when our county still had some dirt
roads-- man they had fun when it rained. most of em were farm boys that had been driving for years.
the buses were mostly 53 to 55 model gmcs. i think the newest one i rode was a 1966 chevy.

My Dad used to drive an old Chevrolet bus his senior year....the restrictor on the carb broke, making his route a lot more fun/quicker.

It was great, until the school used his bus for a field trip.....the restrictor was fixed the next day. There were some nervous people after that ride.

I think it was 6th grade when I had a sweet,curvy senior bus driver who adored me. Susan was flirty and outgoing, I saw/squeezed my first boobie and had my first french kiss sitting on her lap. I don't think I ever missed that bus :smokin:

Back