MOTD (Meme of the Day)

control.png

So theoretically if one had a utility trailer with a lifetime tag and sold the trailer/didn't turn in the tag, what are the odds of running in to an issue if they slapped that tag on a new trailer (theoretically)?
On this same thought, say a person buys a boat and the trailer has a lifetime tag. Does the tag stay on said boat trailer for the lifetime of the trailer or the "lifetime" of the previous ownership? Asking for a friend...

On this same thought, say a person buys a boat and the trailer has a lifetime tag. Does the tag stay on said boat trailer for the lifetime of the trailer or the "lifetime" of the previous ownership? Asking for a friend...
Technically its for the owner, but since you bought the boat, he technically still owns the trailer, right? ;)

Technically its for the owner, but since you bought the boat, he technically still owns the trailer, right? ;)
Well I have the title for the trailer also, so no. Its my mf'n plate now lololol

I mean, yeah still the other guys trailer

Wait, this isn't me, its a friend.

Strictly hypothetically, I've been in this scenario once. In this scenario I got zapped for speeding, plates run...life time tag was for a black deckover/dovetail...tag was on a white enclosed trailer. I have no idea what kind of info they can pull up, but he could tell something was askew. I told the officer it was a work trailer. He asked for the work number, not sure if this is protocol or to catch me bluffing with a stolen trailer. The work number was a business I own...so my cell phone goes off. Then I tell him what was going on, he didn't make me park it, but did tell me to turn in the tag and hit me with the speeding ticket and another $300ish in fines.
Im not sure what the title for an enclosed states, but my flatbed title calls out "198x utility trailer" or something similar. My guess is something there didnt jive. I know some folks who may or maynot transfer a lifetime plate between multiple "utility" trailers, and have never had issues. Except when needing to use more than one at a time. I also know folks who may have pulled a trailer all over without a trailer tag at all.

8d76e9cd0682c064d9bf3c00df8ae7f4.jpg

It makes absolutely no sense to me why they wouldn’t have used a different name. Unless they’re trying to turn Mustang in to a brand, or they were hoping attaching a known moniker would help boost sales on a turd. I know a good chunk of Ford’s development funds have been allocated to EV’s for several years, so I assume they did the necessary market research...but just doesn’t make sense to me.

I was 11 years old in 1976. I went with my dad to the Ford dealership. My dad test drove a Mustang II. Even though I was only 11 I could tell it was a piece of junk.
We're around the same age. I wanted one anyways but it was because of Charlie's Angels.

Back