MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Then you search it out. Why ask me to prove it, it’s a tweet I found interesting.

Which do you believe more probable. That they included a pay raise or that they didn’t?
I did... and found zilcho evidence for it being a real thing.

Given historical amounts for proposed raises,. its more likely this is complete crap than it is real.
This is why I inquired for more, foolishly assuming you actually knew something more.

I mean, it seems very reasonable to me that if somebody makes an outlandish claim about something, to pursue more information to ferret out if it is indeed an outlanish event, or just an outlandish claim.

Given historical amounts for proposed raises,. its more likely this is complete crap than it is real.
This is why I inquired for more, foolishly assuming you actually knew something more.

I mean, it seems very reasonable to me that if somebody makes an outlandish claim about something, to pursue more information to ferret out if it is indeed an outlanish event, or just an outlandish claim.

Actually, I believe the claim is probably 100% Real.... It's folks on here who inferred this was some rider on some other bill... How about we examine the actual Claim;

Paul Glosar said:
Did you know House Democrats just voted to give themselves a 13% raise?

Nothing in there about it being part of another bill, or even a formal vote, Hell, it could have been three Democrats in the Capitol Rotunda given the context, But I suspect it was somewhat more formal, and I don't care, cause it didn't amount to anything, Gosar is known for playing up this kinda thing, but not known for outright lying.

Then you search it out. Why ask me to prove it, it’s a tweet I found interesting.

Which do you believe more probable. That they included a pay raise or that they didn’t?
You haven't been back long enough. He wants a graph and a full spreadsheet of data before he'll consider your side of the argument. Best thing to do is carry on with whatever you were doing before you read his request.

But to clarify, I don't think having a source or data is a bad thing. I just don't have time for all that I really don't feel anyone else does. This is why I have defaulted to anything on the internet will be taken with a grain of salt. If it really gripes my worm that bad I'll go look it up and go from there.

IMG_20210730_194013_402.jpg

Such a low low bar.

@ponykilr pushes down little old ladies for fun, steals coins from the cancer donation jar and hates America.
Untrue? Ehh y'all search it out. Its an opinion I found interesting

J/k, I really like the dude. Just proving a point.
I actually did hit an old man in the forehead with an 8lb hammer once…and I know of a guy who’s dead now that stole the Jerry’s Kids money from a convenience store…

I don’t check the accuracy of everything I post as a picture, meme or video. Believe it or not, I don’t actually know what that guy and girl in bed used so much for a multitude of topics are actually thinking about 🤷🏼

You assumed I have some window into the goings on in congress more than AN ACTUAL MEMBER OF CONGRESS who may or may not be sensationalizing the truth. In this day of instant news and feedback I don’t believe a congressman would fabricate such a statement. You’re obviously a supporter of the collectivist side of things so I’ll just take what you say with a grain of salt and we can be offroad buddies who don’t talk about politics.

You haven't been back long enough. He wants a graph and a full spreadsheet of data before he'll consider your side of the argument. Best thing to do is carry on with whatever you were doing before you read his request.

But to clarify, I don't think having a source or data is a bad thing. I just don't have time for all that I really don't feel anyone else does. This is why I have defaulted to anything on the internet will be taken with a grain of salt. If it really gripes my worm that bad I'll go look it up and go from there.

I don’t either but I do try to not post tweets and similar that are obviously bullshite. Some tweets are simply opinions to be agreed or disagreed with and up to the viewer, some are statements of fact and could be crap or true or somewhere in between.

I actually did hit an old man in the forehead with an 8lb hammer once…and I know of a guy who’s dead now that stole the Jerry’s Kids money from a convenience store…
Your handle makes way more sense if the old man's name was pony...

Liberals... right wingers... two sides of the same coin "I'm so right and smart, you're so wrong and dumb". Logic reason and supporting people should be most important.

Government officials wanting more money is not exactly shocking, off hand I remember it coming up every couple years typically coinciding with elections and not a party specific request. It does however turn partisan when on Twatter, news, bookface etc.

unnamed (9).jpg

Liberals... right wingers... two sides of the same coin "I'm so right and smart, you're so wrong and dumb". Logic reason and supporting people should be

left wing , right wing. - same damn bird and it’s a vulture

left wing , right wing
Are made up concepts. Politics is very similar to pro wrestling.

If some of you knew me personally you’d know I despise politics in general and collectivists in particular. Republican and Democrat politicians are mostly all collectivist in nature.

It has always been about collectivists vs. indiviualism.

So I’m not freeloading

6CCBBB72-7E09-4095-A0EF-ED62426B85F1.jpeg

I don’t check the accuracy of everything I post as a picture, meme or video. Believe it or not, I don’t actually know what that guy and girl in bed used so much for a multitude of topics are actually thinking about 🤷🏼

You assumed I have some window into the goings on in congress more than AN ACTUAL MEMBER OF CONGRESS who may or may not be sensationalizing the truth. In this day of instant news and feedback I don’t believe a congressman would fabricate such a statement. You’re obviously a supporter of the collectivist side of things so I’ll just take what you say with a grain of salt and we can be offroad buddies who don’t talk about politics.

I don’t either but I do try to not post tweets and similar that are obviously bullshite. Some tweets are simply opinions to be agreed or disagreed with and up to the viewer, some are statements of fact and could be crap or true or somewhere in between.
Woah there killer. Lets break this down.
You assumed I have some window into the goings on in congress more than AN ACTUAL MEMBER OF CONGRESS who may or may not be sensationalizing the truth.
Not at all. I asked if you had more information that what was posted in a single vague tweet because I wanted to find out if this was a real thing I should be mad about, some kind of joke, or just BS politician crap to ignore. I never stated you should know more than a Congressman, only wanted to know if there was more to know than what was posted.
In this day of instant news and feedback I don’t believe a congressman would fabricate such a statement.
aparently you have more faith in Congressmen than I do, becaus I have never found one that doesn''t fabricate truths. It's practically in the job description.

You’re obviously a supporter of the collectivist side of things so I’ll just take what you say with a grain of salt and we can be offroad buddies who don’t talk about politics.
I'm really baffled where you get that I must be a collectivist because I make it a point to get more information before believing something from a alleged authority figure.. And if you think that's my political stance you are way off the mark.
What I am a "supporter" of is drawing conlcusions for yourself based on actuall information from a multitude of sources because often one can't be trusted (especially if its a politician).
And who brought up politics? I just asked for more info.

So which one is this? That's all I wanted to know.

Back