MOTD (Meme of the Day)

img_6504-jpeg.7819695

New Balance for the win ...... don't even mess with him.

Surprisingly, I was at the station on post today. They hiked the regular gas price to $3.76. But they left premium at $3.77.. 🤔
Back in the early 2000s, a gas station near Meredith/NCSU in Raleigh had regular for $1.09 and premium for $0.99 for like a week. I filled the Jeep with Premium a topped off couple times that week, haha.

Surprisingly, I was at the station on post today. They hiked the regular gas price to $3.76. But they left premium at $3.77.. 🤔
AAFES?
They have a weird pricing scheme. Since its owned by DoD and not out for profit, but has to stay within MWVR funding lines,, the price is set to match the historical average actual cost of the area, and only changes every X days. Whch means it can be more susceptible to the change in supply cost, but lags behind. Sometimes convenience stores will sell below cost to bring customers to the store, but DoD can't afford or justify doing that. 87 octane may spike in supply price faster than 93 bc of a limited supply and higher cost of delivery while 93 has slower usage and hasn't spiked yet.
Sometimes the price on post is a great deal and sometime it isn't.

AAFES?
They have a weird pricing scheme. Since its owned by DoD and not out for profit, but has to stay within MWVR funding lines,, the price is set to match the historical average actual cost of the area, and only changes every X days. Whch means it can be more susceptible to the change in supply cost, but lags behind. Sometimes convenience stores will sell below cost to bring customers to the store, but DoD can't afford or justify doing that. 87 octane may spike in supply price faster than 93 bc of a limited supply and higher cost of delivery while 93 has slower usage and hasn't spiked yet.
Sometimes the price on post is a great deal and sometime it isn't.
I know the overall rules on pricing. I had always seen the fuel quality levels stay consistently priced. I think it was an operator error because they hiked the price up $.30 a gallon on regular that afternoon and didn't adjust premium. I should have filled up in the morning when regular was still $3.46. but I was running late

IMG_20220305_130906.jpg

Back