MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Dude...this one hit me in the feels. Not to mention, I've seen my 4 year old make a request in to our roku remote, it'll ask her which platform she wants to watch from (adfree premium or with ads), if she'd like to resume or restart, etc etc. At 4, I remember getting bypassed to turn the tv dial, in favor of my older sister, because my parents didn't think I could manage to hit the station they wanted.
Yep, I know that feeling. But don't forget the reception tuning! Parents had my brother and I tag teaming that tv.....since it WAS a tremendous piece of furniture in the house. One of us had the channel dial, the other was posted up at the antennas fine-tuning the reception. VHF side was fine....forget it if you had to switch to UHF channels. Those were going to have static no matter what.

Your mama.png

Ron McCain who owned the Goodyear Store in Smithfield had a ”golf club” that held bourbon and was a pump. You put your cup under it and pushed down and it squirted goodness. The Cardinal and JCCC courses were alcohol free back then 😎

Ron gave me my first set of clubs, a nice set of Pings. He was a good man. F cancer.

Back