MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Bingo. He said the kid's screams were something out of a horror movie.
I honestly hate to hear about things like that, because often good kids get suckered into doing dumb things, and I have two boys that will be teenagers one day. Hopefully the kid was a real trashbag and deserved it.

I honestly hate to hear about things like that, because often good kids get suckered into doing dumb things, and I have two boys that will be teenagers one day. Hopefully the kid was a real trashbag and deserved it.

Yeah...that would be the part I'd be worried about today. Some sort of civil suit, because the kid was all world everything, straights A's, good little Christian boy, that helped teach blind people how to tie their shoes. Did he make a mistake, sure, but was it worth his future...I could see a court or insurance company saying the mailbox owner has some sort of liability and contributed via a concealed trap. I don't see it being that tough getting some sort of settlement out of the deal.

FB_IMG_1648144472334.jpg

Yeah...that would be the part I'd be worried about today. Some sort of civil suit, because the kid was all world everything, straights A's, good little Christian boy, that helped teach blind people how to tie their shoes. Did he make a mistake, sure, but was it worth his future...I could see a court or insurance company saying the mailbox owner has some sort of liability and contributed via a concealed trap. I don't see it being that tough getting some sort of settlement out of the deal.
I think that would depend greatly on the type of judges and lawyers in your area. To be safe, you may want to post a sign "warning: reinforced mailbox đź“«". Similar to posting no trespassing signs. Everyone ignores them until you show a picture in court where you clearly stated the obvious.

I think that would depend greatly on the type of judges and lawyers in your area. To be safe, you may want to post a sign "warning: reinforced mailbox đź“«". Similar to posting no trespassing signs. Everyone ignores them until you show a picture in court where you clearly stated the obvious.

I don't disagree...but there are a lot of steps that have to happen in most property owner cases that will validate bodily harm, posted signs or not. I can ask someone to leave my 100 acres, I can call the cops on that person...but I can't beat the absolute hell out of them and claim I'm justified because I hung signs, put up fences, etc. Hell, I don't even let neighborhood kids play in the creek at my back lot line because I don't want to be held liable for one of them slipping and falling and cracking their head on a rock. And I think most places, booby traps are frowned up in general and are considered concealed. But this is a meme thread so...

1648156824163.png

I agree, in this day and age, it would be a set up for a juicy lawsuit. Back in the day, though, word spread fast and there was NO more mailbox baseball held in that town at least for a very long time. It definitely was not a "one time thing" before he did, though. It was about 15 mailboxes worth over the span of several weeks.

No I think Matt showed he had a heart. Good kids do stupid shit. It's just part of being gooooodererr in the end. I was never mean, I'll hearted, or nasty.....but did some purty dumb shit from time to time. Wrist torn up like that is a life long set back.

I agree completely. I also believe there is some liability if you have a mailbox and post that injures someone that hits it with a car (considered non-breakaway).

1648224640665.png

Back