MOTD (Meme of the Day)

wise.jpg

Last edited:
I believe this picture would lead to seeing this picture later:
View attachment 369570

Nope. the shock tends to break wrists as they are the weakest in the chain. I knew a guy who lived on a long country road and got tired of "Mailbox Baseball" taking out his mailboxes. He was a welder/fabricator and sunk an I-beam into the ground and set with concrete. He built a wood box around it to disguise it as a wood post. He then formed a 3/8" steel plate horseshoe shaped and welded it to a plate that was welded to the i-beam. When the kids drove by the next night, he heard the familiar roar of the engine building speed towards his mailbox to hear the "ping" of aluminum baseball bat hitting 3/8" steel. It shattered both the kid's wrists. Kid was an all-county baseball player, too.

Nope. the shock tends to break wrists as they are the weakest in the chain. I knew a guy who lived on a long country road and got tired of "Mailbox Baseball" taking out his mailboxes. He was a welder/fabricator and sunk an I-beam into the ground and set with concrete. He built a wood box around it to disguise it as a wood post. He then formed a 3/8" steel plate horseshoe shaped and welded it to a plate that was welded to the i-beam. When the kids drove by the next night, he heard the familiar roar of the engine building speed towards his mailbox to hear the "ping" of aluminum baseball bat hitting 3/8" steel. It shattered both the kid's wrists. Kid was an all-county baseball player, too.
My Dad did pretty much the same thing. Got tired of it, went to a fab shop and had them make a box and post out of 1/4 or 3/8" steel and sunk it in concrete. One night at dinner he heard the same PING! and looked out to see a folded aluminium baseball bat on the ground. He turned around and finished dinner with a grin on his face.

Keyword

Back