MOTD (Meme of the Day)

oil.jpg

I'm gonna pick on this only bc its been brought up before. And... I'm bored.

That would technically be a Speedraptor, his much simpler and less informative little brother.
You'd have to cross a Directionraptor with a Speedraptor to get a Velociraptor.

/nerd humor

That would technically be a Speedraptor, his much simpler and less informative little brother.

/nerd humor
I guess we can disagree. For me velocity is distance over time (feet per second). That is what all the accident reconstruction formulas use. We only convert velocity into a speed measurement because that is what people commonly know. If I said I was driving 80.6 feet per second, nobody would know how fast I was going so therefore I say 55 mph.

Velocity is a vector which includes a direction. Speed is the magnitude of the velocity vector. Direction is irrelevant in terms of speed.

I guess we can disagree. For me velocity is distance over time (feet per second). That is what all the accident reconstruction formulas use. We only convert velocity into a speed measurement because that is what people commonly know. If I said I was driving 80.6 feet per second, nobody would know how fast I was going so therefore I say 55 mph.
Velocity is a vector which includes a direction. Speed is the magnitude of the velocity vector. Direction is irrelevant in terms of speed.
^^ this. Technically velocity has 2 elements, speed AND a direction. If you don't specify a direction, then it is only speed, not velocity.

Colloquially people use them interchangeably all the time... but it isn't correct.

/nerd humor

^^ this. Technically velocity has 2 elements, speed AND a direction. If you don't specify a direction, then it is only speed, not velocity.

Colloquially people use them interchangeably all the time... but it isn't correct.
Game Of Thrones GIF

Love it when people start talking Physics. Since that's my area of nerddom, I was going to say something....but didn't wanna be that guy. So thanks for being that guy for me, and making me "happy" all at the same time. :lol:

Not a meme (edit: stupid spell check)cause I'm not that savvy, but here goes.
Corporate: "we need to cut cost and save some money"
IMG_20221012_120430433.jpg

Welder in the shop:
IMG_20221012_120506315_HDR.jpg

Month later the safety guy: "we should let the welders spend some money"
IMG_20221012_120200651.jpg

Last edited:
Back