MOTD (Meme of the Day)

No shit, I went with a friend to somewhere/nowhere near Spruce Pine to plant xmas trees in the 80s when I was in high school, when high school meant smoking weed. My friend and his family had a old ass cool cabin in a hollow. On the way to the place there was a lot of hairpin/switchbacks curves. We went around a sharp one and a cow in a pasture on a bluff/cliff about 20' high of road had it's ass backed up the barbwire fence and as we drove by the cow pissed a fountain all over my friends truck !

Last edited:
1674612275580.png

I had to tow a cow in that fell of the cliff to the butcher early one morning. The call went like this. Hey this is Rick dont hang up the phone this is not a joke i need help. I said oook what's up? He said he had a cow that got out of the pasture on a highwall. I said so what does it have to do with me it's 6 am have you been drinking all night?. He said no but his cow has got out of the pasture and fell over the highwall and landed in the highway and died. He said the police wants it out of the road now and he doesn't have any way to move it. So i took our rollback and loaded it up and he wanted it took to butcher. While i was loading it up the people who was going by was freaking out. Pulled up to the butcher he is still in bed we finally get him up and he is wanting this probably A 1200 pound cow put inside his building through a narrow door. I told him the best i can do is put it in front of it and that is where i left it and they started processing it in the parking lot. That has been around 30 years ago. We could use one of them here. This is another one my tow story's that i forgot about till i seen the cow falling sign.

I was coming home one night after a few beers and theres blue lights between me and my house so I detoured through a neighborhood and came in the back side and once home I walked up to the scene that was still going on. A horse had gotten out and got hit in the road and killed. Damned wrecker driver was trying to pick it up and carry it with the boom type wrecker and had this poor horse wrapped all kinds of was and dragging the ground all while the owner, who I knew, was watching and in total anguish over all of this. So I offered to get my trailer and let him drop on there and haul it to his house which I did.

Back