MOTD (Meme of the Day)

334701613_743985340645555_1739107931274748750_n.jpg

Thanks for this! I worked my way up from bus boy to head cook at a Bonanza when I was 16. I’ve told people about what I recall as senior special night (must have been a Fla thing) for decades. Nobody will believe it was $1.49 then. Steak, potato (usually bigger than the steak), Texas toast and all you could eat salad bar. Old farts would be wrapped around the building twice! Each steak was cooked to order as the customer moved down a cafeteria style line. When they ordered it was called out over a speaker and it had to be ready when they got to the cashier. On Tuesday’s when you heard “ribeye” you didn’t just throw on one steak, you tossed an entire platter on the grill! Total mad house. Did teach me how to multitask tho! ;-)

Thanks for this! I worked my way up from bus boy to head cook at a Bonanza when I was 16. I’ve told people about what I recall as senior special night (must have been a Fla thing) for decades. Nobody will believe it was $1.49 then. Steak, potato (usually bigger than the steak), Texas toast and all you could eat salad bar. Old farts would be wrapped around the building twice! Each steak was cooked to order as the customer moved down a cafeteria style line. When they ordered it was called out over a speaker and it had to be ready when they got to the cashier. On Tuesday’s when you heard “ribeye” you didn’t just throw on one steak, you tossed an entire platter on the grill! Total mad house. Did teach me how to multitask tho! ;-)
That’s awesome! I just had a little flashback myself a couple of weeks ago when my uncle brought out some old pictures. There’s some skinny guy on his grandma’s front porch with the only known partial view of my first car. Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am! And I used to be skinny!!

Back