MOTD (Meme of the Day)

shins.jpg

Our neighbors are retired, well-off wine snobs.
I took down a tree for them that was threatening their patio a couple years ago. In return they invited my wife over right after I finished and gave both of us a glass of what they said was a really nice wine.
We are more of a muscadine wine type people when we drink wine, we like it sweet. They asked what I thought of their wine and I told them it tasted like vinegar.
They’ve never had us over since. and actually I’m ok with that.

I took down a tree for them that was threatening their patio a couple years ago. In return they invited my wife over right after I finished and gave both of us a glass of what they said was a really nice wine.
We are more of a muscadine wine type people when we drink wine, we like it sweet. They asked what I thought of their wine and I told them it tasted like vinegar.

People like what they like, nothing wrong with that
Assuming this isnt a National Lampoons walmart eggnog vs "that fancy stuff" - an unclean palette...
If you tasted vinegar because it had a vinegar taste, my guess is they had been sipping on it too long and bacteria started growing
If they opened it in front of you and it tasted like vinegar that can only mean 1 of 2. Your palette is unrefined, or their "fancy" bottle was poorly made.
Genuine vinegar taste is it either sat for too long or poorly made.

EDIT: Did you kindly tell them that you are not used to anything but sweet wines and so the taste is very different than what youre used too, but thanks so much for sharing this with us. Or did you come out all hick: "this shit taste like vinegar, here i dont want the rest" :laughing:

EDIT2: I dont know of a single bourbon lover who said their very first taste was xyz. No they all say it tasted like rubbing alcohol. With time your taste buds adjust, and then you can begin to appreciate all the notes in the bourbon. Same with wine. Not to excuse pretentious snobs - being a wine snob is generally no different than being a bourbon snob. One just seems more american than the other lol

Last edited:
My unless makes wine. I've got a flask of 40 proof muscadine wine that is fantastic.

OK what's an "unless". Think I may be missing some urban slang
Uncle or uncles if typing it in.

Or "inlaws" in southern slang as interpreted by voice to text.

People like what they like, nothing wrong with that
Assuming this isnt a National Lampoons walmart eggnog vs "that fancy stuff" - an unclean palette...
If you tasted vinegar because it had a vinegar taste, my guess is they had been sipping on it too long and bacteria started growing
If they opened it in front of you and it tasted like vinegar that can only mean 1 of 2. Your palette is unrefined, or their "fancy" bottle was poorly made.
Genuine vinegar taste is it either sat for too long or poorly made.

EDIT: Did you kindly tell them that you are not used to anything but sweet wines and so the taste is very different than what youre used too, but thanks so much for sharing this with us. Or did you come out all hick: "this shit taste like vinegar, here i dont want the rest" :laughing:

EDIT2: I dont know of a single bourbon lover who said their very first taste was xyz. No they all say it tasted like rubbing alcohol. With time your taste buds adjust, and then you can begin to appreciate all the notes in the bourbon. Same with wine. Not to excuse pretentious snobs - being a wine snob is generally no different than being a bourbon snob. One just seems more american than the other lol
I was polite and they were told before they opened the bottle what we were accustomed to.
I would only go all hick if it was one of y’all from nc4x4 😆

Back