MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Dang, I forgot about the "clubs" with the monthly music. Damn the world was different back then.
Yeah they had the "gotcha" deals... join now and get 10 CDs for only 99 cents! Any 10 you want! But you were then locked into a years worth of 1 more a month at the low price of only $19.99, and you got whatever they sent.

And what baffles me now is.. .that was all done by catalog. Anybody under the age of 25 has never even ordered anything by mail.

Dang, I forgot about the "clubs" with the monthly music. Damn the world was different back then.
BMG and columbia house.
10 CDs for a penny and then you have to cancel one a month forever...haha

Pretty much me

336548470_261854666164656_2171799418115820310_n.jpg

Exactly!!! this was what I was doing.
I remember going away to college and learning this strange thing called the internet.
And you were able to go to a URL and decline next months shipment, instead of mailing the postcard in. I thought that was the greatest use for technology ever.

I bet I got 8-10 introductory offers over 4 years. Every time I got a new apartment address Id send a new card in and a stack of CDs would show up...good times.

Then napster happened and what are CDs good for.

Making your own CDs, for the car, duh.
I had the discman and the tape adapter for a car cd player.
The burned CDs were no bueno

I've still got over 200 CDs Can't bring myself to get rid of them. I bought them and own the music. One day I'll get rid of them should be sooner than later.
This.
So I know some people make fun of me, but I still buy music as whole albums, and whenever possible buy the CD and burn it myself. Because, like said... ownership. Plus the artists make WAY more $$ than streaming.

On reel to reels players Tanker looking for one ,,his dad gave him a couple.... One or two are Mercedes 300 SL at Road America and his Uncle running Porsche at the same track...He talk about when he was in FL... They would crank it up and listen to cars going from speaker to speaker...

BMG and columbia house.
10 CDs for a penny and then you have to cancel one a month forever...haha

Everybody: CDs are ancient technology

Me:
cassette case.jpg

Back