Moving to NC... What tires

^^^^^
How are those locked D44's surviving Tellico on 37"s with a 4:1 xfer case? Just curious to see how much breakage you're having. I can't decide if I want to go with dual D60's or a D44/9". The D44/9" would be quite a bit cheaper, unless I had to upgrade the shafts and do a bunch of other stuff to make them survive. In that case, stock D60's would probably end up being cheaper in the long run.

iroks, dont like the way they look, but for a 39 inch tire they handle pretty decent on road, and when aired down they are very flexible, much more flexible sidewall than my previous tsl's, although the tsl's will instantly make you TJ look like a freakin tractor, hell yes

Who CARES about how a tire looks?

am i the only one who doesnt like IROKS? they are wicked looking tires, but i had them in 36 and didnt like their performance. also a buddy of mine had the the 39's and when he switched to TSL SSR's he suddenly could get through the same holes, hills, climbs, and rockpiles that gave him trouble with the iroks. the TSL tires were noticibly better. the IROKS arent a bad tire they just arent a great tire either from my expirience

CAS22 said:
am i the only one who doesnt like IROKS? they are wicked looking tires, but i had them in 36 and didnt like their performance. also a buddy of mine had the the 39's and when he switched to TSL SSR's he suddenly could get through the same holes, hills, climbs, and rockpiles that gave him trouble with the iroks. the TSL tires were noticibly better. the IROKS arent a bad tire they just arent a great tire either from my expirience

I've seen the opposite...

I had a guy wheel with me that was running 35" SSR's...after one trip to Uwharrie with me, when it was some nasty mud, he sold them and immediately bought Iroks...

Not sure if you're the only one...but I would think you're in the minority...

Greg

SSR's? Those are like one step above a Thornturd... Something must have been WAY wrong that he couldn't do something with IROK's that SSR's let him do... unless he was running 15psi in both tires...

Diane - I have been running SX's for about 2 years, they are a great tire.. Grooved & siped, they are even better! Tough as hell, good grip, and the main reason I'm comfortable not carrying a spare... The only tires I would consider running to replace these are (in no order) IROK's, red label krawlers, and Pit Bull rockers (from a report on a very similar vehicle that went from SX's to them), if they only made a 39 that wasn't a foot and a half wide... :rolleyes:

CAS22 said:

I had a set of IROKs and quickly found that they were not the right tire for me. There are those that love them and those that hate 'em...NO in between!

Rick

CJ4PLAY said:
I had a set of IROKs and quickly found that they were not the right tire for me. There are those that love them and those that hate 'em...NO in between!

Rick

that's cause you can't drive...

:D :D

Greg

I love my LTB's off-road. They suck like pretty much every other bias tire on the road though. If it's a daily driver, get a radial, if it's off-road only, the LTB is a great tire for a good price.

Rich said:
I have been running SX's for about 2 years, they are a great tire.. Grooved & siped, they are even better!

Thanks, I appreciate the input.
They will be here by the end of the week along with the lift.
The rims got here a few days ago, I'm pretty excited. :)

Back