NC Bro-lite build

@BRUISER this thing would look good with one of those Lone Rider logos :)
20160617_185800.jpg
20160617_185548.jpg
20160617_185409.jpg

I have a few updates and upgrades that @WARRIORWELDING has been tinkering on.

First off, he made a rear bumper change. Folks have stated that the original design might get hooked onto another truck, and I could see that being highly probable, so..a small change was made.
20160715_184235.jpg

Also, after the my 1st mudfest PA race I learned where mud gathers the most. Where I have my battery mounted it acted like a shelf for mud. It accumulated on top of the battery so bad, it must have collected 50 lbs in that area alone. I didn't wanna move the battery, so we devised a shield plan, and Drew worked it out. This will hopefully shed most mud, and for sure, be much easier to clean, in between races and afterwards.
20160727_180550.jpg

Last edited:
Also..added a better place to mount go-pro cameras..can face both foward and backwards. And..there was so much mud, that the track officials said we (bro-lites) need number plates that were more likely to be seen, by scoring folks, when things were that muddy.
20160727_180533.jpg

20160727_180513.jpg

Also fixed the front bumper fake skid plate. I crushed the first one when I rammed Erik Miller, the new one has tabs so we can change them out a little easier. I can tell, this area will be up used alot. :D
20160727_180447.jpg
20160726_014930.jpg

Mud Mud Mud...that's what I'm prepping for. Not that there's gonna be any, but there might be! These little trucks make a mean roost. Starting in the back of the pack at the last race (luck of the draw) meant..I ate alot of mud. Mud mixed with strip mine tailings. Not only did it fill my cab...that shit kinda hurt. So.. I devised a redneck solution. (I alone did this..there are no pro fabricators to blame for this booty fab)
I used a 12 dollar roll of hardware cloth, a couple screws, and several zip ties. And this is what I've devised.
20160727_180627.jpg
20160727_180612.jpg
Yes...the zip ties are uneven. .bwahaahaa!! I did it for you @mcutler!
1469660151555.jpg
The view from inside
It is a little flimsy, but stretched tight enough, so the plan is to be able to reach up slap it, if/when the muds builds up. And yes, I can reach it while strapped in:flipoff2:.
Hopefully, this, a few well placed mud guards, and R.Gordons sig on the dash will give me an edge in September!

Oh yeah, @WARRIORWELDING fixed the motor mounts too.

If you were worried about the mud accumulation in the battery area...is the mesh going to be able to filter out what gets in to the cab? Or will it be negligible?

If you were worried about the mud accumulation in the battery area...is the mesh going to be able to filter out what gets in to the cab? Or will it be negligible?
I'm sure some thinner,wetter, mud will still get past the mesh and into the cab, just hoping the mesh will stop the biggest chunks and rocks from hitting me. I'll still wear tear offs.

That screen shield/windshield will need to be reachable while driving. If you can't punch the mud clots off you'll be blind after a lap or two.

Looks good, too clean though ;-).

I would make sure it is easy enough to rip off and out of the way, in case you can't punch the mud off as easy as you think.

Back