NC4x4 Carpooling?

SHINTON

I brought it up a while back on the Triad list....thought I would revive it here too...anyone interested in car pooling on here? (Speak up if you are...someone else might be lurking and interested) Who better to carpool with than a fellow "jeeper"...M/Greet every day! Heck if you carpooled 3-4 days each week, still would cut your costs almost in 1/2.

WEEK 1 DRIVER...drives to work 5 days (assuming you have a rider 3-4 days)
WEEK 2 RIDER...say rides 3-4 days, drives 1

So...drives 6-7 days out of 10....(you assume some days it won't work out for other reasons) (so 30-40% less fuel...up to 50% less with 2 drivers)

If you have 3 or 4 drivers...you will be down to the good ole days or gas for under a $1!?!?!??!?!?!??

So...from where to where.....when....what size car...smoker/non...do you eat in your car/mind if other do?

Me:

From Kernersville about 730am each morning, to Greensboro, Battleground area, leaving work about 5ish pm each evening. My schedule is actually flexible so I might could go in earlier and leave earlier if the opportunity to car pool comes along. My car will actually seat like 7 or something...maybe I could get paid by the state to operate a bus line? NONSMOKER....and I eat in my car...and don't mind if others do.

...Likes long drives in the woods...in my Jeep...heh :flipoff2:

Sam

good idea..

pretty sure that i'm by myself on this one.....:::

leave the bailey/wilson area around 7-7:30a (could leave earlier if needed but not later)headed east bound to Greenville via 264. return from Greenville at 5p (could leave later, but sure as hell don't want to :flipoff2: ) riding the bike, unless its raining in the morning, then its the truck :mad:

oh, and i love long walks on the beach, puppies, and of course.. kitty :D

Yup I am all ready planning to do this with others...

on the days I would drive myself I will just ride the motorcycle.. man it is gonna be cheap for me to get to work :)

Yikes!!!

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!! How far away from home do you guys work?? Thats crazy. I only live 2.1 miles from door to door home to work so I can just walk. Not by road I can make a straight shot only 1 mile long if not less. I guess I am LUCKY in some ways but not in others. I have the opportunity to live in a very dangerous and deadly wild city. The 4th most dangerous city in the USA. :):) Gangs less than 3 miles away and the slums are all within 4 miles. So maybe living so close is not good. :(:(

KRAWLER :smokin:

I have the opportunity to live in a very dangerous and deadly wild city.
So what part of Durham are YOU in, then? :lol:

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!! How far away from home do you guys work?? Thats crazy.

50 miles, give or take. Reason? More house and property for the money, better place to raise my kids, I like small towns better then large ones. Now if I can make in Sanford what I make in RTP, or even close, I'll change jobs.

Rob said:
50 miles, give or take. Reason? More house and property for the money, better place to raise my kids, I like small towns better then large ones. Now if I can make in Sanford what I make in RTP, or even close, I'll change jobs.

exactly..well almost, mines 55miles, and i don't have any kids (but it's where i was raised and think that its a great place for them, in the country) if i could make the money in wilson, and it was something that i semi-enjoyed i'd switch in a minute.

I work in winston but live and go to school in greensboro. driving the ZJ back and forth every other day sucks but hey thats life. I highly doubt anyone goes to W/S at 4pm from GSO and comes back around midnight. :worst job ever:

Back