NCSU parking question

mbalbritton

#@$%!
im sure there's some recent grads or even current students at NCSU.

We are dropping off our oldest daughter this weekend to start at State. Something I noticed and learned at orientation, parking is a bitch! And according to what we found, freshman can't have a vehicle on campus.

Anyone have first knowledge of having a vehicle there? Are there work arounds? Alternate options not advertised by the school?

Back in 02, you could buy off campus parking that was pretty close to the dorms. I imagine this information is not useful in 2017. It was like $275/year if I remember right. For a gravel spot in an unsecured lot.

I was there in 2005-2007. Parked in Valpark which was next door to University Towers. Unsecured, gravel lot. My Jeep got broken into numerous times. I don't even know if that lot is still there now.

Pretty sure last time I was on Hillsborough st valpark had been turned into housing. In 07 I would park in the UT deck using my roommates card. Almost got towed a few times tho.

I was there in 2011 2012 and lived "off campus" at UT and had it's own parking deck. So much has changed in 5 years I doubt there's much available extra parking for anyone.

Shouldn't matter. UT is private. Unless UT has a no freshman parking rule now too? Man I miss living in UT and State in general. I had some of the most fun of my life in and around UT.... and got in some of the most trouble :lol:

Dang and I complained about paying 200 a year to park at Lee's McRae out side the on campus house I'm living in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

i seem to remember about 150 a semester in a private gated lot on hillsbourgh back in 90

OK I'll be the asshole.

Why does she need a car so bad? It's a huge campus in the middle of a reasonable size city w/ access to everything within walking distance and a pretty good bus system. Ubers will cost less than parking.
I made a lot of friends and learned a lot about planning and responsibility not having my own car my first year of college.

OK I'll be the asshole.

Why does she need a car so bad? It's a huge campus in the middle of a reasonable size city w/ access to everything within walking distance and a pretty good bus system. Ubers will cost less than parking.
I made a lot of friends and learned a lot about planning and responsibility not having my own car my first year of college.
Agreed. She doesn't NEED one. I just don't want to have to go get her. This way she can drive her ass home.

Back