Need a trailer. PJ, Gatormade, Big Tex...

Deplorable

What say ye?

Found a great deal on a PJ F8. But for about $700 less can get a similar GATORMADE. Both bumper pull. Both deckover with dovetail. Both 14k with Dexter axles (obviously 8 lug). Both 20 footers (PJ is 17+3, Gator is 16+4). Both flip up ramps with springs. Both dealers are about an hour away.

Was sold on PJ, but Gatormade grabbed my attention (only due to price). Big Tex is actually a few dollars more than PJ. Kaufman is similar price to PJ.

So.... which one is best?

Anything else I NEED on a trailer?

What are you using it for? They all make fine trailers, so I'd focus on which one is best suited to your needs.

And if you go to Kaufman on a Friday, the same exit has a BBQ Joes and you can get a smoked bone in pork lion. It is unexplainable.

3B916E28-0E03-42A3-8E33-4D5DC2C0759C.jpeg

I’ve owned 2 PJ’s and loved them both. The only thing I didn’t like, which is purely personal preference, is the powder coat finish. I’ll always prefer paint so I can do touch up. I’m OCD like that.

I've got a 24' (20+4 slant) deck over, tag, Quality brand (Kaufman dealer brand). 14k, brakes, with winch and battery I'd consider parting with. 2010, with 70% on 3 tires, one new. Needs some detailing.

$3500

Matt
5119dd7eacedd2b325e53ab536ae16ed.jpg
1859d6cf12deb1acf62fe464f392d5b8.jpg
c41105e8948e9ca0b4e69ae481126746.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I need that or towing to Harlan.....

I've got a 24' (20+4 slant) deck over, tag, Quality brand (Kaufman dealer brand). 14k, brakes, with winch and battery I'd consider parting with. 2010, with 70% on 3 tires, one new. Needs some detailing.

$3500

Matt

Looks like a great trailer. Thanks for the offer. I want something a tad smaller and landed on the PJ. Should be here in 4-5 weeks.

$3500

May be interested in this here directly. Waiting on a quote to repair trailer axles on my current equipment trailer....which may turn into a deckover I've been wanting and yours fits the bill

I've got a load max 20' deckover dexter axles 14k capacity. Bought it about this time last year for $5400 new. Love it, just wish it was longer.

Love my Load Trail dump trailer. They make a fine trailer and have great warranty

There's a big difference between car trailers and equipment trailers.

oh i know this...I have owned both. The deck over puts the load higher, creates way more drag ramps stick up all the time, etc....If its just to haul a buggy, i wouldnt recommend it personally.

Not all equipment trailers are deck over trailers.

Duane

Back