Need help rebuilding a 93 4.0

It's $1k above and beyond whatever you'd spend on a standard rebuild. You can spend a lot more, you can spend a little less, but that's a solid budget number.
$450 including machine work and professional assembly

$450 including machine work and professional assembly

Scat crank is $495. Might could buy a 4.2 for less, but then you've got to turn and balance your junkyard crank, plus probably change the snout or buy the spacer. It gets really close to even.

Pistons cost more, valve springs and keepers cost more, rods aren't free (and again, resizing used rods gets you damn close to cost of new), etc.

Again, you can do it for less, but $1k is a solid budget number, not an "I scored a clean 1990 4.2 for a case of Natty" budget.

Scat crank is $495. Might could buy a 4.2 for less, but then you've got to turn and balance your junkyard crank, plus probably change the snout or buy the spacer. It gets really close to even.

Pistons cost more, valve springs and keepers cost more, rods aren't free (and again, resizing used rods gets you damn close to cost of new), etc.

Again, you can do it for less, but $1k is a solid budget number, not an "I scored a clean 1990 4.2 for a case of Natty" budget.

you know he's trolling you right?

Son of a gun with a taste for fun and more than his share of pride
I heard he took a dirt road curve with the devil's nerves

I can have a built LS installed by Hendrecks Racing for a grand.

Back