Need help rebuilding a 93 4.0

Client

i don't know where to start. I have already bought a water pump starter altanater pulleys timing set and a few other things

New piston rings everything the jeep is on the trailer now on the way to the house I don't know of any machinest

New piston rings everything the jeep is on the trailer now on the way to the house I don't know of any machinest
I have a good 4.0 I will sell much less then you can rebuild. Send me a PM if your interested.

Pictures

Attachments

• IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 140
For the record, I helped @Jeff B pull the motor out of his Jeep. It ran fine and no problems he just built a 4.6 stroker to push his large ego around!

it's a 4.7. and now I need tons to carry the weight of said ego...:D

I'm
i don't know where to start. I have already bought a water pump starter altanater pulleys timing set and a few other things
I'm in Hickory as well if you wanna call me I can point you in the right direction. Just finished another rebuild myself, it's easy with some basic mechanical knowledge and tools.
John 828-284-1302 thanks

Define "rebuild".
One man's rebuild is an oil pump and spark plugs while another's is a bare block with fresh machining marks.
Absolutely agree. I call it freshen up if no machine work, just replacing parts for whatever the reason/need. It is actually cheaper to buy a remanufactured 4.0 than to do "full rebuild" with all new parts and proper machine work.

Stroker

You can build a stroker for less than $500:D

It's $1k above and beyond whatever you'd spend on a standard rebuild. You can spend a lot more, you can spend a little less, but that's a solid budget number.

Back