Need ideas: Garden Tool Organization

McCracken

Logan Can't See This
So currently I've got all my rakes, shovels, PHDs, axe, etc all piled up in a corner. It looks like shit and it's a mess. In the past I've built a corral of sorts that kept it all contained but it still wasn't ideal. Any of you self-diagnosed OCD afflicted people have ideas? I've got to do something but I want to do it right the first time. I know me and whatever I come up with will be permanent till I retire in 30 years and have more time to kill.

This looks OK but I'm afraid I'd run out of wall space.

DIY-garden-tool-organizer.jpg

Here is what I did about 5 yrs ago when we moved into our new house.

IMG_20190406_061922642.jpg

Not my pic (my garage isn’t nearly this clean or empty) but I picked up one of these Rubbermaid corner things. It holds a good bit.

0c06bca7063cf38acdae94d914567027.jpg

So currently I've got all my rakes, shovels, PHDs, axe, etc all piled up in a corner. It looks like shit and it's a mess. In the past I've built a corral of sorts that kept it all contained but it still wasn't ideal. Any of you self-diagnosed OCD afflicted people have ideas? I've got to do something but I want to do it right the first time. I know me and whatever I come up with will be permanent till I retire in 30 years and have more time to kill.

This looks OK but I'm afraid I'd run out of wall space.

DIY-garden-tool-organizer.jpg

This is what I did. I made the nails/dowels pretty long so each one can hold multiple tools. Works well for limited wall space.

This is what I did. I made the nails/dowels pretty long so each one can hold multiple tools. Works well for limited wall space.
I dug a little deeper in the Google and found people putting two of these up but offsetting them underneath one another. I may do this.

A 2x4 with 16D nails spaced to be on each side of the tool’s handle so the tool’s working end rest on top is what I have in the barn.

I was going to post a pic of my phone and then my yard guy. But I cannot post pics from my phone... Anyway... You get the pic :flipoff2:

I'd root around in her garden with my tools, for sure.

Dunno, she looks pretty confused about how a watering can works. "Gardener" sounds like a poor excuse to have her hanging around, better find some other job title.

Why not get one of those cheap modular wall rail systems with all the accessory hooks and stuff that? It's basically a more fancy version of that piece of 2x4 from your first post. Screw the rail to the wall, slide the hooks in place, done. Want to change the spacing? Slide stuff around, done.
Lowe's and HD used to be full of stuff like that, because people love to market new ways to hang a rake on the wall.

Last edited:
Why not get one of those cheap modular wall rail systems with all the accessory hooks and stuff that? It's basically a more fancy version of that piece of 2x4 from your first post. Screw the rail to the wall, slide the hooks in place, done. Want to change the spacing? Slide stuff around, done.
Lowe's and HD used to be full of stuff like that, because people love to market new ways to hang a rake on the wall.

Because IMO they're not cheap. I went and looked today before slapping that together. Two hooks were $9.98 Once I saw that I went back to the hardware aisle and bought 30, 6" lag bolts. The 2x4s I got out of the basement when I tore down a wall. I did pony up on the ladder hooks though.

Back