Need tires. Not a second mortgage

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
Wife’s truck needs new tires. It has 35x12.50x20 BF Goodrich on it now and they have been good but they have gone up $140 a tire since the last set I bought. Need load range E as this is a 2500 Cummings. Was looking at the Arturo Trail blade A/T and they have great reviews online and a great price too but would like someone with no shit experience. Or other options that don’t break the bank!!

Wife’s truck needs new tires. It has 35x12.50x20 BF Goodrich on it now and they have been good but they have gone up $140 a tire since the last set I bought. Need load range E as this is a 2500 Cummings. Was looking at the Arturo Trail blade A/T and they have great reviews online and a great price too but would like someone with no shit experience. Or other options that don’t break the bank!!
Maxxis RAZR A/T is what I’m putting on my truck this week at a decent price.

Find some 18" takeoffs for under a grand, and sell the 20s for $500 or something.

I'm partial to these for some reason, but there's a lot of good looking options out there.

Maybe takeoffs are about a grand. Search "Ram 2500 wheels 18" and you should get a few options.

Last edited:
Specifically on the arturro

Ran set on my sons 1500.
They were louder than shit. Bogger loud. In a 2014 truck thats tight they drowned out the factory radio on max.

They also were through the wear bars at 28k miles.

Never again. Brandon at Rides tried to talk him out of them but he loved the look and the price. When they were done and he came asking for help for a new set. I offered to buy him a set of Toyos. Buy once cry one. Hes got 33k miles on this set and they still look new

Specifically on the arturro

Ran set on my sons 1500.
They were louder than shit. Bogger loud. In a 2014 truck thats tight they drowned out the factory radio on max.

They also were through the wear bars at 28k miles.

Never again. Brandon at Rides tried to talk him out of them but he loved the look and the price. When they were done and he came asking for help for a new set. I offered to buy him a set of Toyos. Buy once cry one. Hes got 33k miles on this set and they still look new
This is the hard facts I needed to hear. Thanks

they have gone up $140 a tire since the last set I bought
My tire guy told me friday "IF you can get tires they WILL be significantly more due to Chinese tariffs and limited US resources"

Bout to get stupid

Maxxis RAZR A/T is what I’m putting on my truck this week at a decent price.
I've been curious about those. Let us know what you think of them after a little use.

I have the HT-770s on my wife's daily that used to have Michelin LTXs and have been very happy with them. I wanted the AT-771 for my pickup a few years ago but my distributor couldn't get them so went with KO2s.

I've been curious about those. Let us know what you think of them after a little use.

I have the HT-770s on my wife's daily that used to have Michelin LTXs and have been very happy with them. I wanted the AT-771 for my pickup a few years ago but my distributor couldn't get them so went with KO2s.
Will do but I don’t drive the truck but about 5000-6000 miles a year. The Toyo AT2’s I’m replacing aren’t worn out and have about 50k miles on them in 9 years but they are dry rotted beyond me trusting them at this point.

Bringing this back up. I have the chance at Load Range F 35x12.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers for cost. Anybody ran them?? Reviews. Everything I can find says go for it and saving close to $300 is cool with me.

I'd do it. I'm a big fan of Coopers, but if the price was right, I'd definitely rock those.

Bringing this back up. I have the chance at Load Range F 35x12.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers for cost. Anybody ran them?? Reviews. Everything I can find says go for it and saving close to $300 is cool with me.
Do it!

I run the 37x12.50x20's, which are E rated instead of F. No complaints. I've put about 20k on them so far.

Duane

On my 07 2500 I had nitto trail grapplers before I got the cooper stt pro that I run now. I liked the trail grapplers and they dry rotted before I wore them out. I think they had 55k and 1/4 tread when I pulled them due to being 10 years old. Only went to the coopers because they were a lot cheaper and had good reviews.

These things are butter on the road. Got 100 squares of hay today and it drove better than it ever did with the BFG A/Ts. I also felt way more comfortable knowing they are a load range F. Oh and no the mirrors aren’t getting folded. Wife likes the view with them upright.
75FB74E1-4151-4D1D-A2F2-96F8770B23F2.jpeg

BFG ATs are really squirmy, especially when they're new. The tread blocks on these looks very sturdy.

Bringing this back up, I'm in the market for some new tars.
@skyhighZJ any dislikes for the Nittos?
Any other recommendations that won't break the bank but will be quiet at last? I have 35K on my Good Year wranglers the truck came with and they are at the wear bar already.

I'm still a big fan of Coopers. I got 65k out of the first set of ST Maxx I had and I'll likely get that much if not a few more miles out of the current AT3 XLTs I have.

What size tire will you be after?

275/65/R20 Looks like the AT3 XLT's are discontinued
Mechanic I know recommends the Bridgestone Revo 3 or ( Alenza ultra highway tire :shaking::shaking:)

Back