New here... looking for a recommendations on 4x4 shops

ccm

I finally got the Jeep that I have always wanted last year. I have a light bar and running boards that I need installed and I am looking for recommendations on where to take it. I called Galloway (closest option) and they didn't seem too keen on doing it but said they would get back to me. I know the running boards and lights aren't a big deal but once I wear out the tires I have I will add a lift and new wheels/tires. Of course I want plenty of other modifications but these are first on the list. To be honest, I know almost nothing so I am looking for a place I can really trust to work on my jeep. I would appreciate any advice.

Where are you located? That'll help us find something relatively close to you.

I finally got the Jeep that I have always wanted last year. I have a light bar and running boards that I need installed and I am looking for recommendations on where to take it. I called Galloway (closest option) and they didn't seem too keen on doing it but said they would get back to me. I know the running boards and lights aren't a big deal but once I wear out the tires I have I will add a lift and new wheels/tires. Of course I want plenty of other modifications but these are first on the list. To be honest, I know almost nothing so I am looking for a place I can really trust to work on my jeep. I would appreciate any advice.
North Carolina is a pretty broad location. But if your interested primarily on bolt on type upgrades I'd call RIDES in Conover area. They would prefer to sell what you need as well but they will install what you have. Good guys with good techs. Years of experience.
Screenshot_2020-12-29-10-08-26.png

Welcome to the forum!

Please consider editing your location to better help folks know where you’re at, as seen here. We already assume NC
C0FB4888-F553-40B2-AEA5-A95DD11FE04B.jpeg

Also, tell us what Jeep you have. They are very easy straight forward installs. But I’m sure we can find someone near you to take care of it.

Where are you located? That'll help us find something relatively close to you.

I live in Southern Pines but anything around Bragg, Raleigh, Charlotte or anywhere between those would be fine.

I know these are simple to attach but I want to find a place I can trust with more significant work later. These were gifts... mostly because on the rare occasion my parents ride with me they struggle to get into the jeep.

Id get with skyhighZJ and have him help you get those installed.

welcome to the forum.
This.

We're a mix of sarcastic goofballs, true fabricators, and know-it-all web wheelers, but for the most part we all "know" each other and can put out an all-call for help and dozens will respond willing to help.

SkyhighZJ is good peoples. If hes close and offering, I wouldn't hesitate to take him up on that.

To the OP, my earlier post was poking fun at an extremely cool dude that bends over backwards for many people on this forum, but his skill set is more in the technical aspects of building for this hobby. Yeah, @Jody Treadway made a bunch of us look like noobs at AOP a few years ago so I have to bust his chops when I can since I surely can’t out wheel him :D

welcome and @skyhighZJ is another good dude that is close and can you point you in the right direction.

This.

SkyhighZJ is good peoples. If hes close and offering, I wouldn't hesitate to take him up on that.

Welcome, take @skyhighZJ up on the offer. Tons of great people on here. This is a great resource. But a bit of advice I wouldn't buy something off the internet you dont know how to install or don't have a friend to help you. And finding a shop that will install, will be difficult. Think of it this way, you don't buy a steak from Omaha steak and take it to Outback for them to cook it for you. They are losing money on the product sale and also how do they know it isn't damaged before they install it, warranty wouldn't be good for them either. Its great you are getting into Jeeps, and it is how many of us learned to work on vehicles. If/when you venture off road it will be nice to know how to fix it so you can get out of the woods on your own and not have to pay someone to tow you out. Again welcome and heed the advice of most of the people on here, beware of @Jody Treadway though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What about 4wheel Parts in Raleigh or Charlotte? Don't they do installs of bolt-on stuff too?

Back