New tires!

Tacoma747

Can anyone guess what tires I got? 10 points to the winner. And if you already know (Troy...) then you can't guess.

Here is a hint, they are in the 36"x13.50 flavor, and the type starts with an I and ends with a ROK.

:)

Traded my 5 Baja claws, some chrome steel wheels, and a couple other small things, + $219 (which I paid $100 of, the other $119 will be paid by a friend, and I will repay him with a traction bar).

New tires for $100 ain't bad, now I just need a spare.

Tacoma747

You are behind the times John :)

And Studnuts doesn't read very well apparently :D

The tires were pad balanced at Galloways, they ride awesome, a SLIGHT vibration at about 60 MPH and above on the speedo (probably 65-70), which is no big deal since that is as fast as I will need to go with them. They ride MUCH better than the Claws, I can run 30 PSI in them where I had to run about 17 in the front claws because they were so balloon'd it gave my truck the 'shakes' at times.

It would be nice to have a little more highway gear, but I can run 60 at about 2500-2700 RPM in 4th gear, no more 5th gear for me :)

That is all fine though, since they are basically trail-only tires, I will only have to really 'suffer' with the 4.10 gears on the trails until I get dual cases. I will not regear the axles because then that would screw me up when I am running 33" street tires which I run 90% of the time.

We will see how the do on dry rocks, in the mud they did alright I guess, but it is kind of hard to tell. I was running about 8 PSI, but think I could go lower without having any problems.

Tacoma747

Yea John, the guy that made the site thought the flatbed pic was better since I had the mud tires on it instead of the street tires.

Once I get a good pic of my truck when it is clean with the 36's on it I will probably get him to change it.

Here is your (fairly) clean pic.

BTW, yesterday at URE I encountered some minimal rubbing, but nothing much. I will probably trim a little bit behind the front tires, but it shouldn't take much.

CasterTroy

Motarded
Is THAt what you call clean? :p

I spend 2-1/2 hrs with a pressure washer, THEN hand washed for another 2 hrs :mad:

I freakin HATE MUD :mad:

stone

i knwo my opnion doesnt count but i thought your rig looked better now that the bed is back on it. sorry i had to run off the guys i was wheelin with were ready to bail.

Rockeater

Truck looks ALOT better with sides back on. Tires looks great. After some driving lessons you should be good to go ......... :D

J(saw him get denied at Kodak on the middle line(to the right of the tree) where all the Jeeps made that line)B :lol:

CasterTroy

Motarded
Rockeater said:
J(saw him get denied at Kodak on the middle line(to the right of the tree) where all the Jeeps made that line)B :lol:

That was just COLD :lol:

Tacoma747

Rockeater said:

It was all muddy, didn't really matter what you drove, all that mattered was how much throttle you gave it, and apparently I didn't give enough. No harm in taking it easy, I would rather keep driving than end up breaking something. I am not afraid to admit I didn't make it up, doesn't bother me a bit. I have been to URE plenty of times with open diffs when I made it up the far right line and many 'Jeeps' could not follow. So what's your point?

Rich

Asshole at large
Tacoma747 said:
It was all muddy, didn't really matter what you drove, all that mattered was how much throttle you gave it, and apparently I didn't give enough. No harm in taking it easy, I would rather keep driving than end up breaking something. I am not afraid to admit I didn't make it up, doesn't bother me a bit. I have been to URE plenty of times with open diffs when I made it up the far right line and many 'Jeeps' could not follow. So what's your point?

Take it easy... he's just joking around.

CasterTroy

Motarded
Tacoma747 said:
So what's your point?

He's teasing you......you know he's not the arrogant type....just friendly ribbing

Rockeater

Tacoma747 said:

Point ??? Just to see if you'd get bent. :D You're too easy Michael. I HAD to razz you , especially after the other guys were giving you a hard time about Jeeps making that line.

You're truck does look alot better with the sides back on. Feel better now ?

JB :p

Rockeater

Tacoma747 said:
Guess I don't catch it on the internet, it is alot easier to see if someone is joking when you are talking to them. Letters don't show it all the time :D

Just go back and notice the 'smilies'. No fingers or red faces, just smilies. Besides, you know me personally, you silly boy. Now I know why my 8 year old son, Quint, likes to pick on you at the Triad M&Gs. Your just to easy. :lol:

JB