New to me Unlimited Rubicon

Chris has them....

uploadfromtaptalk1396206711914.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1396206741487.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397431623259.jpg
Got one tube fender installed. 6 hours per side. Guess I'll be driving lopsided for a week. Lol

Wish mine was a lj, very nice jeep you have there

I'll second the Cooper STTs! Awesome tires, they're not really expensive compared to a similarly sized tire, they ride great, they're smooth, they look awesome, and they're quiet.

I've got them on my Silverado with a solid axle swap and I'd definitely buy them again.

The Jeep is looking good and the tube fenders look sweet!

Finally installed my other tube fender and temporarily relocated the lights.
uploadfromtaptalk1398041915307.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398041925808.jpg

Also had time today to clean my air filter and replace all my spark plugs. Turns out the previous owner was hiding water in the engine issues or head once previously flooded the engine but she starts up even better now and idles like a champ.

Planning on fixing the rear wheel bolt this week and adjusting the e brake. Grab handles and new d ring shackles are on their way before this weekend's debut.

I'd love to but I'm just not that lucky.......

First wheeling trip last Saturday went overall pretty well. Was able to accomplish some trails in my jeep that i was unable to do in Lucy. Trying to get her back up and running smoother to get back out there on the rocks.

I just got a response from Mr transmission regarding a hard shift from first and second and after careful research and consideration we're going to do a transmission flush, replace the filter, and replace the temp gauge as well as install a transmission cooler and gauge to help keep an eye on the transmission gauge.

Im currently looking at the b&m cooler and was curious if anyone had any suggestions on any brands?

The drive terrain module is being updated next week at the stealership which might take care of the catalytic codes that are reading, we will see.... There was an update on them a couple years ago and Cleopatra never received those updates.

Front Air locker is not locking in at the moment either but will be looked at next week as well... Thinking there is a leak in the line or the pump isn't pulling in air as it should be.

I just got a response from Mr transmission regarding a hard shift from first and second and after careful research and consideration we're going to do a transmission flush, replace the filter, and replace the temp gauge as well as install a transmission cooler and gauge to help keep an eye on the transmission gauge.

@transman731 has a very good reason why you never change auto trans fluid. Dunno how it applies specifically to the trans in your TJ, but might be worth considering.

How old is the transmission? How old is the current fluid?

Has 63k miles on it. The fluid looks great and Mr transmission told me not to change it but others are telling me to change it.

The hard shift is only from a cold start, so it has to be the temp sensor not just a cooling fan cause there's no way the transmission is overheating in less than a minute

Has 63k miles on it. The fluid looks great and Mr transmission told me not to change it but others are telling me to change it.

The hard shift is only from a cold start, so it has to be the temp sensor not just a cooling fan cause there's no way the transmission is overheating in less than a minute

Here's what Lee said about changing the fluid. It's particular to Hondas, but I like the theory as a general concept. He might have more specific insight on the Jeep trans.

ok, here we go, i will start by saying that if you go to 100 transmission shops, 50% will agree with me.
atf is basically hydraulic fluid with detergents and dye.
any particulate matter in the fluid (from wear), sticks to the inside of the drums centrifugally.
when you service the trans (drop pan, drain and fill ect.) you remove a portion of the fluid. when you add new fluid back to it, you are diluting the new fluid with the fluid that remained in the trans and converter. an example, on a honda, dry, it holds between 8-10 qts, a drain and fill with have you add 3-4qts back to the trans to get it full again.(approx. 1/3 of total)
when you do a flush, you are removing all of the fluid, and replacing it with all new fluid. all of the new fluid contains a large amount of detergent,which was fine when the trans was new. since the trans has wear, all the particulate matter that has been spun to the inside of the parts is now getting washed away and "fluid bound", so it's now getting circulated back through your trans. this doesn't happen on a roadtest, it happens over time, so the customer drives away feeling confident he has done the right thing. 2 months later he shows up at my shop with a transmission problem. all the crap has been collected in the filter and sucked the filter shut and starved the trans of fluid, not to mention run through all of your bearings and bushings, and don't forget playing hell on the valve body.
in the case of a honda, the filter is internal (sump) , the valve body has 2 dime sized filters, and there are 12 tubes(smaller diameter than a pencil) that contain filters in the end of them. honda uses clutches that are "fuzzy" when they start to breakdown, they can clog the filters under normal conditions, flushing them really screws them up.

Something isn't right with the front end there. There shouldn't be that big of a gap between the hood and the grill. It looks like the grill needs to be moved up because the hood looks like it is in the correct spot.

The hood is sitting a little higher after we installed the tube fenders....

does it shift hard only in the am?
is it only the first time it shifts everyday?
does it do it after it sits for a couple of hours?

It does it first thing after sitting for hours, so yes in the am but will happen as I leave work this afternoon. It only does it from first to second the first time and then it rides and shifts as smooth as ever.

it's most likely a leak down issue. you probably have an accumulator leaking down as it sits, when it goes to shift it has to fill the accumulator before it can complete the shift.

try moving the shifter through all the gear selections before you take off next time and see if it still does it.

As far as the PCM update goes, they are covered 8 years/80,000 miles (Federal emissions warranty) just like the PCM itself is. I see yours is an 06, so it may have expired time-wise. It depends on the in service (actual sell date)
If you are getting a P0420 (cat efficiency code) you most likely have bad cats or possibly an exhaust leak causing a false code to set.
I wish I had a better scanner and I could tell you in 5 minutes if it's a cat or leak...

it's most likely a leak down issue. you probably have an accumulator leaking down as it sits, when it goes to shift it has to fill the accumulator before it can complete the shift.

try moving the shifter through all the gear selections before you take off next time and see if it still does it.
I will try that at 6 when I get off work and I'll let you know!

As far as the PCM update goes, they are covered 8 years/80,000 miles (Federal emissions warranty) just like the PCM itself is. I see yours is an 06, so it may have expired time-wise. It depends on the in service (actual sell date)
If you are getting a P0420 (cat efficiency code) you most likely have bad cats or possibly an exhaust leak causing a false code to set.
I wish I had a better scanner and I could tell you in 5 minutes if it's a cat or leak...

The manufacturer date on the Jeep is in 2005 so it has already expired, I checked....lol. It's reading a P0431 code, I know the drive terrain update covers P0430 and P0420 codes. I've heard it might be the O2 sensors gone bad, or if the guy before me replaced one but not the other it could be those...so I was going to give it a shot before replacing another catalytic converter...

Back