New tow rig and trailer

TonkaToy

I don't post here much but I figured I would show off the new tow rig and trailer.
06F250 crew cab 6.0 powerstroke
Tonkatoy06F250.jpg

I had the trailer built by kraftsman just outside of Silercity on US64W. They are a very good company to work with and build an excellent trailer. It is a 14K 24ft lowboy gooseneck. I had outriggers put on it to make it 102" wide and drive over fenders made of 1/4" X 10" channel.
TonkatoyTrailer.jpg

TonkatoyTrailer2.jpg

Nice setup.

Sweet setup..

Their wiring sucks, but that's par for the course with trailer builders it seems.

I am going back through the wiring anyway. I have a bunch of side markers that I am going to use and I am going to put some lights up on the gooseneck facing back to help load in the dark. I'll check everything else out since you said that. Thanks for the comments.

JY

We found the grounds to be the biggest letdown... a little sanding down to bare metal for the connections, and adding a dedicated ground in the 7-pin harness made ALL the difference in the world.

If you have nothing better to do, can you take a closer pic of the fenders? sounds interesting...

X2 on the fenders. Having heavy duty fenders is always nice, never know when you are gonna have to park a rig on them to get the weight right.

It might be the weekend before I get to take the pictures but I will. I work in RTP and live in sanford so it is always dark when I get home.

Man, that's a good looking trailer. I also have a Kraftsman built trailer. Good guys to deal with, that's for sure. Ours is a 30ft deckover, as is has to serve double duty hauling hay and tractors. The truck is sweet too! :D

- Mac

Thanks I haul a few tractors with mine too. Here are the pictures of the fenders. I miss printed on the original post. The thickness of the fenders ar 3/16" not 1/4". I had to downsize them to upload so hopefully you will get the idea.
tonkatoyfender1.jpg

tonkatoyfender2.jpg

tonkatoyfender3.jpg

tonkatoyfender4.jpg

I'm really impressed with those fenders. That should work great. I would love to unload our New Holland from that instead of our deckover. With a bush-hog on the back, it can get a little hairy unloading when you're as high as a deckover trailer.

- Mac

After going through all the grounds on my trailer, Rich and I added lights to the fenders, sure makes is easier to see at night

Back